Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gsg 1911-22

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Smile Gsg 1911-22

I have been reading through the post concerning these pistols and have not seen to much lately on this site. I have one on lay-away in one of the larger gun shops in S.E. Michigan. I have also been reading a 'sticky' on a different 1911 forum site and posted the same question there. Now that these pistols have been out for a little while how are they holding up? I have about 2 1/2 months to pick it up but do not plan on waiting that long for it. However after reading some posts concerning them I am a little nervous. The serial number is A418xxx, any idea if this gun will have the updates (new parts) or will I have to expect to do some work on it to make it run? So, how about you guys that have them, would you buy another one?, how about the ones recently purchased?, any problems?
    I used to see the articles in the gun mags and say, "What's the big deal about a 1911?, then I bought one, now I have 3, two 45's and a 40 and now I want a 22.
    Thanks for any input.
    By the way, I just saw the website concerning the RIA, it's a necked down 9mm to 22, really. Not interested.
    I AM the NRA.

Posts liked by others
    I have hade mine for about 2 months, 1000+ rounds and lot's of fun! No issues at all, I would buy another in a minute. I think yours will have updated parts unless it been sitting at the shop for a good while. Mine hade been updated, if not ATI will send you the parts. I think you will be quite happy.
    I think it is a real nice 1911 22lr for what it cost. I have no complaints, it goes with me to the range just about every time now, just can't leave it behind.
    Last edited by danfo; 13th January 2012 at 20:29.

Posts liked by others
    I had one.....for about 2 weeks. I was not at all happy with it. I could not get through a mag without jamming. The finish was horrible too. I cannot recommend buying one.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Posts liked by others
    It won't be a long-term experience, but our e-zine cadre are currently testing the GSG 1911-22. The review should be forthcoming in the e-zine within a week to ten days (current projection).
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the input, I will be looking for the review.
    I AM the NRA.

Posts liked by others

gsg 22

Finish on the slide is not the best. Mine likes federal ammo. 750 rounds and works well. Need to keep the slide well lubed.

Posts liked by others
    I got one last september and boy do I regret getting it. My 11 year old shot it once and I hardly get to shoot it anymore. My wife shot it also and it looks like I will have to get two more, one for me and one for the wife. We have all been extremely happy with the one we have and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for one.

The only difference between the ATI(GSG) and the SIG SAUER is the finish! they both come from the same factory. The GSG has a lower price compared to the SIG.

My son likes it because it is the same size as a regular 1911 but much cheaper to shoot with the .22. He has used it in a ZOMBIE shoot and had a great time with it, no jams or feeding problems. He had a low time on one of the courses that some of the other adults had to look down in shame. This year he looking to go back and do it again and is bugging me to go to the ruger Rimfire Challenge.

BionicDad

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by BionicDad
    I got one last september and boy do I regret getting it. My 11 year old shot it once and I hardly get to shoot it anymore. My wife shot it also and it looks like I will have to get two more, one for me and one for the wife. We have all been extremely happy with the one we have and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for one.

The only difference between the ATI(GSG) and the SIG SAUER is the finish! they both come from the same factory. The GSG has a lower price compared to the SIG.

My son likes it because it is the same size as a regular 1911 but much cheaper to shoot with the .22. He has used it in a ZOMBIE shoot and had a great time with it, no jams or feeding problems. He had a low time on one of the courses that some of the other adults had to look down in shame. This year he looking to go back and do it again and is bugging me to go to the ruger Rimfire Challenge.

BionicDad
    I've had mine for about a week now, I consider it a good buy. Very happy wtih it.

Posts liked by others
    Well I couldn't wait any longer, picked mine up today. It does indeed have the plastic guide rod so I will be ordering one of those, but it does have the metal barrel bushing. Bad thing is that I don't have time to shoot it untill Tuesday, in the mean time I will get it cleaned up and oiled down.

Thanks for all the feed back.
    I AM the NRA.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Blood
    By the way, I just saw the website concerning the RIA, it's a necked down 9mm to 22, really. Not interested.
    No, it isn't a necked-down 9mm. It's a shortened .223 case.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast