Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
Ruger
If you intend to buy something from Brownells or Cabela's, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: rock island night sights

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?

rock island night sights

can someone please give me a review or direct me to one of the factory night sights available on RIA 1911s. I'm planning on buying a 2011 model soon and was wondering if their night sights are worth the extra cost( 80-90 dollars).

thanks

Night sights

IHMO yes, I have a 2011 that came without n/s.I had some aftermarket True dot n/s installed shortly later.If you like night sights I would go with the factory n/s.buy the way they come with Mep.true dots.My gunsmith charged me 125 for them and he said they werent easy to install.

Icon17

Quote Originally Posted by Brettster
    IHMO yes, I have a 2011 that came without n/s.I had some aftermarket True dot n/s installed shortly later.If you like night sights I would go with the factory n/s.buy the way they come with Mep.true dots.My gunsmith charged me 125 for them and he said they werent easy to install.
    Can you post some close up pictures of the new Front sight,from different angles, do you have a .015'' gap between the front sight base and he slide? Thanks, AL.

Thanks Al for the ambi-safety advice,wish I would of known that yesterday.I see the notch on the pin now.Dont even want to say what I did trying to get that safety on! Now I know.I will get some pictures up soon as I can get my better half to do it! There is som pictures on a post called,THEY SENT THE WRONG RIA tHANKS-Brett

Quote Originally Posted by Brettster
    Thanks Al for the ambi-safety advice,wish I would of known that yesterday.I see the notch on the pin now.Dont even want to say what I did trying to get that safety on! Now I know.I will get some pictures up soon as I can get my better half to do it! There is som pictures on a post called,THEY SENT THE WRONG RIA tHANKS-Brett

You may have bent the sear pin, if you did it may not work right, get a new pin, put it in, like always, then raise the Right side safety straight up, now put it in the thumb hole, now just lower it, making sure the shelf is in the groove,
    now put the Left side safety in, lining up the two, now press,
    hard you can tell when it is seated, you should be good to go. take it back apart in reverse order.