Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Kimber Serial Numbers?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Kimber Serial Numbers?

The following info was left by BC Mike for a contact who could help date the production of Kimber 1911s, etc.

Contact info:
    Carl Flesch
    Technical Representative
    1-888-243-4522 ext 223
    Kimber Mfg. Inc.
    CFlesch@kimberamerica.com

I sent an email inquiry to Carl asking about my Gold Combat II and the email came back as invalid. I guess I could try to call the number tomorrow but does anyone have an updated email contact who might be able to help me date my piece? If I use email they can answer at their convenience rather than being interrupted via phone.

I bought the gun used and all I know is that it's not the current model because it has a barrel bushing rather than the current models' fluted, bushingless barrel.
    John B
    What goes around comes around.

Posts liked by others
    On My Pro carry HD in 38 super I needed a new mainspring houseing and when I called Kimber service dept I gave him the ser # and he gave me the ship date

Posts liked by others
    Thanks, Iowa. I decided to call the number that I listed this morning and the "operator" who answered took the serial number, took about 10 seconds and gave the the production date. Easy breezy. I should have just followed my nose.
    John B
    What goes around comes around.

Posts liked by others

For what its worth........

The above number IS good ...that name aint

I called on my STAINLESS TARGET Ko45xxx Sept1999 the monrh before I
    bought it and propossed still have both and now a male heir !!!!!!
    ....FRONT SIGHT,PRESS

Posts liked by others
    Just bought a used Kimber CustomII for $649.00 out the door. Looks as if it had hardly been shot. A little dirt, but NO scratches or other handling marks. Called Kimber for the production date, and it was Feb. 4, 2003. The question is, is there any way for non-law enforcement people to track the sale to the first owner?