Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7.62x25mm conversion barrel

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    How much would have to be taken off?
    Based on data found on The High Road, 1.5mm. That's about 60 thousandths, I think.

Regards,

Walt
    Author, The M1911 Complete Assembly Guide,
    The M1911 Complete Owner's Guide, NEW The 10/22 Complete Owner's and Assembly Guide,
    The M14
    and M1 Garand Complete Assembly Guides
    and The AR-15 Complete Assembly and NEW Owner's Guides
    Last edited by wjkuleck; 12th June 2011 at 00:42.

Posts liked by others
    I think you have to use 38 Super magazines. The Tok has an OAL of 1.300
    & the Super has an AOL of 1.280. Also, the Tok is slightly wider than a Super; .384 vs. 0380.

Posts liked by others
    I see that every one has been giving this one some thought. That's good.

I have a Mec-Gar magazine that started out holding 4 Tok rounds. I hit it with a hammer a few times, and it would hold 5, almost 6, and still fit the mag well of my .38 Super.

I thought about cutting away part of the front of the magazine, to see if I would get enough space that way. The top and bottom could remain, to hold everything together. It would look kind of odd, and I certainly wouldn't trust it, but for a range toy it might work.

I am trying to find some way to use the surplus without adding a bunch of labor. Time is money.

I might pick up a set of Lee dies and play around with it with some shorter bullets, too.

Posts liked by others
    It's a good looking barrel. I can even forgive it for being stainless steel. The barrel hood is too wide to fit in a .38 Super slide, so I hope to find time to fit it this weekend.

It did fit in a .45 slide. Seemed pretty tight. I fed 3 Tok rounds manually. All 3 seemed to feed just fine. All 3 would fall out of the chamber if the pistol was held vertical.

Looks like its going to be a fun project.

Posts liked by others
    Shot mine last night for the first time. Worked very well, almost no recoil, no failures of any kind. The new ammo is much hotter than the old surplus. Where did all the cheap ammo go?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12