Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Colt 1991 Combat Commander Review

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Paul,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope everything works out for you. Glad to see you back here. Best of luck.

Posts liked by others
    Thank-you, Landman. Time and hard work will prevail. There are many excellent photos (of which you have posted "several") and threads on this forum that keep the fire burning and provide great motivation in the meantime.

Seeing a slabside Commander in blue is one such source of motivation...
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of liberty must undergo the fatigues of supporting it."
    - Thomas Paine

Posts liked by others
    Heck yeah! I just picked up my Colt 04691 today. Now how do I get out of all of my Honey-do's this week end so I can go to the range?

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, another one who thinks that a Colt O4691 can be his! Newbies never learn!

ALL COMBAT COMMANDERS ARE MINE!!! MINE ALONE!!!!!

You are just safe-keeping it, until I come to claim it back. Geeeezzzzzz
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    I'll keep it safe John. Might make some mods. I know a gunsmith who worked 15 years making these guns and he knows everything there is to know about them. He's going to tune it up for me and bring the trigger pull down to just over 4 lbs. Although it was just under 6 lbs. out of the box and that's not bad. I'm debating with myself over the Crimson Trace Rosewood grips, haven't decided yet. I'll keep it real safe though, no worries!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Yeah, another one who thinks that a Colt O4691 can be his! Newbies never learn!

ALL COMBAT COMMANDERS ARE MINE!!! MINE ALONE!!!!!

You are just safe-keeping it, until I come to claim it back. Geeeezzzzzz
    Just the Combat Commanders? So I get to keep this LW version?

EBK
    "...there's one in every crowd for cryin' out loud, but why was it always turning out to be me?" --- W. Jennings

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Data
    Might make some mods.
    Mods? Mods? How can you mod a master-piece?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by EchoBravoKilo
    Just the Combat Commanders? So I get to keep this LW version?
    Who on earth allowed you to change the grip safety??!?!?!?!

Oh my poor baby has been hurt!!!!!!

You just broke my heart
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    EchoBravoKilo:

Very nice!

Where do you get a grip safety like that?

I'd like to put it on all my 1911's.

Take care,

Rick
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 13th September 2011 at 08:14.

Posts liked by others
    I just had to stop in on this thread to read the latest posts. Now that I have a new LWT GM, to go with my LWT Super, both XSE, I am getting these vibrations to acquire a LWT .45 Commander. But I want a blue one.
    The one in post 106 is perfect; medium trigger, double diamond stocks, straight MSH. Mine would have KINGS sights though. But only because I have a set I'm hoarding for that one special pistol. I have a couple of rear sights too, but the fronts aren't an issue.

Some might disagree, but I think the LWT .38 Super Commander is near perfect.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"
    "It seems to me that I have forgotten more than I remember"

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Mods? Mods? How can you mod a master-piece?!?!?

Who on earth allowed you to change the grip safety??!?!?!?!

Oh my poor baby has been hurt!!!!!!

You just broke my heart

Sorry, El Commandante. I do still have the original.

Thanks to the others for the nice comments. For the record, that grip safety may be the most comfortable I have used (also it is definitely the most expensive). I had the pistol customized by Don Williams of The ActionWorks. He fabricated the grip safety - started with a Wilson bulletproof, I believe, and then went to work.

And the MSH is a Legacy Custom MSH with a lot of metal removed inside to create a "funnel" when combined with beveling on the magwell (because I couldn't abide an external mag well thing).
    EBK
    "...there's one in every crowd for cryin' out loud, but why was it always turning out to be me?" --- W. Jennings
    Last edited by EchoBravoKilo; 13th September 2011 at 16:57.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast