Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Least Expensive - Most Reliable 1911 mag ???

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Thanks dogngun.

Posts liked by others
    The Colt magazines I got from CDNN sports where "counterfeit Colt' magazines. One Super 38 mag was obviously a Metalform reject.
    The grips were seconds......
    These were their "so called special purchase".
    Just another vender like Cheaper than Dirt and Sportsman Guide selling seconds, rejects and bootleg products IMHO.
    YMMV
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"
    "It seems to me that I have forgotten more than I remember"

Posts liked by others
    most reliable mag for the money :

http://thefiringline.com/forums/show....php?p=4398073

Chip Mc Cormick Power Mags.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911mike
    What is the least expensive and most reliable mag for a 45 ACP 1911 ??? ... Thanks.............
    Hello. I think one can't get that magazine at the two categories all at the same time.
    True, one can be the least expensive and at the same time reliable. One can be the most reliable but definitely a bit expensive. And one can be a king's ransom but totally a piece of scrap metal.
    If there's such a magazine, all the 1911 owners and suppliers would buy and horde that. Considering its supply and demand, the price of that hypothetical magazine would definitely increase. In the end, I won't be the least expensive magazine.
    One would eventually settle for the best value, which of course is another thread. (My cent's worth.)

Posts liked by others
    I have mags from Checkmate, Mecgar & Wilson Combat. All are 7 rounders & all work "OK" in my RIA. Meaning that they all are 100% with FMJ & none are 100% with JHP or SWC.

Prices were around $20 to $27. They're gonna last a long time (hopefully) so I don't really see quibbling over a few bucks.

FWIW I like the WC best because they're stainless and disassembly for cleaning is way more easy.

I would stay away from bargain basement mags. Just not worth it.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Last edited by Fishslayer; 22nd January 2011 at 10:14.

Posts liked by others
    Here is a good source for Act and Mec Gar mags with very inexpensive shipping and fast to boot.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.ph...5a5fa7e386596a
    Joe

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by joec
    Here is a good source for Act and Mec Gar mags with very inexpensive shipping and fast to boot.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.ph...5a5fa7e386596a
    +5 on Mr. Cote. I think he is possibly the best small business I have ever dealt with on the internet. He has quite a range of products and as you said is very fast to respond. Even his packaging is way above average. Good packaging is often a sign of people who care about their products and customers.

Posts liked by others
    I can highly recommend Check-Mate magazines for reliability and price point.
    http://www.topgunsupply.com
    Milt Sparks Holsters
    Wilson Combat Master Dealer
    Meprolight, Trijicon, Ameriglo, LPA
    Sig Sauer Firearms, Magazines & Accessories

Posts liked by others
    +1 for Top Gun Supply!! Good folks to deal with.

Posts liked by others

Topgun

+ 2 for Top gun. Excellent people to deal with. Good pricing. Very responsive and very good customer attitude. They jump on orders very quickly and then follow up by email so that you always know where your order stands. I just got a couple of Checkmate mags through them.
    Last edited by hercster; 22nd January 2011 at 21:02.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast