Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Shoot me first" vests?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Question "Shoot me first" vests?

Is ANYONE out there making a concealed carry vest for spring-fall wear that does not scream "tactical gear shoot me first"? I like the 511 stuff but it's VERY obvious. It either marks you as a cop or a "gun geek". The NRA Store has some denim and leather vests and light jackets with hidden easy access CCW pockets. Anyone else?

Ray

Posts liked by others
    What do you mean by "concealed carry vest"? To me, a vest is a cover garment, and I wear some kind of vest almost every day (even when NOT carrying, so as to be sure people associate me with wearing vests).

Are you asking specifically about vests with sewn-in holster/pockets?
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I have a couple of leather vests from coronado leather, a biker vest and a dress vest, both with the inside gun pockets. When I am on the motorcycle the biker vest gets no attention at all, the other fits in well when I need to look nice.
    The Coronado vests are very well made and I recommend them, but the inside gun pockets work much better for wallets and checkbooks than guns, I still carry my 1911 inside the waistband. Stay away from the tactical looking stuff.

Posts liked by others

What about jackets too?

How do you like the Coronado jackets and have you seen the denim ones.

Posts liked by others
    Log onto www.sportsmansguide.com and enter "concealment vest" in the search window. You'll find a number of choices in a range of prices.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/s...ncealment+vest
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others

Icon17 Good stuff!

Wow! Not priced out of the market either. I have to laugh at the "concealment vest" with the Ruger logo. Duh.

Ray

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTap45
    Is ANYONE out there making a concealed carry vest for spring-fall wear that does not scream "tactical gear shoot me first"? I like the 511 stuff but it's VERY obvious. It either marks you as a cop or a "gun geek". The NRA Store has some denim and leather vests and light jackets with hidden easy access CCW pockets. Anyone else?

Ray
    I wear a olive green nice fitting HD vest to the range and gun shows and stuff. I don't really care what it "screams", but dang, it's a nice vest. It's meant to be a concealment vest - but the reason I like it is for all the pockets. From glasses to phone to wallet to tools, etc all secure in the vest. Also nice in the summer when I just put it over one of my 1911 tee shirts and I'm good to go. In the winter jackets are easy to carry junk in.

If some nut job thinks to shoot me first, so be it - but since I'm not in LE, how many times is THAT going to happen?
    Last edited by Oilypablo; 13th May 2011 at 11:47.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTap45
    How do you like the Coronado jackets and have you seen the denim ones.
    I have not seen any of their jackets, both of the vests I bought about 3 years ago. Today I was carrying with a open short sleeve over a t-shirt and the wind in east Texas can be a problem. Carrying concealed is not easy.

Posts liked by others
    I have several "outdoors/camera" type vests that I've owned for years.

I wear them when the weather's between cold enough for heavy long sleeve shirts and warm enough for short sleeve shirts alone.

I've never got a second look from anyone that I know of; as the other gun folks likely don't care, and the other folks don't know.

Rest of the time I wear fishing or Hawaiian shirts untucked for Commander /full sized carry and untucked tee shirts for the smaller 1911's (with undershirts for all).

In Florida; none of the above will get a second look.

Take care,

Rick

Posts liked by others

Smile I only ask because..........

The Gun Dudes ALWAYS talk about the "guy in the camera vest" obviously carrying and Barbara Baird on Black Man With a Gun was hawking fanny packs for those who don't want to look like "gun geeks" or be targeted first by the goblins invading the diner.

I hear what you say and it makes sense here in NY State only because so few carry that NOBODY expects armed resistance.

Ray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast