Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
Ruger
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Fitting 1911 ejector

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?

Fitting 1911 ejector

I was fitting a new ejector on my CDPII instead of the broken one , and the major challenge was to make that concave channel for the ejector pin on the ejector's front stud.

Well, I made this jig:

with holes exactly like those on the frame (see Jerry Kuhnhausen's Volume 2, page 78 for dimensions)

Inserted a new ejector into the holes on top, put it in the vise, and drilled through the hole on the side with a 1/16 bit.

The ejector comes out as perfect as it gets:

Well, I could use the frame itself for this purpose, but
    1) it was an aluminum frame;
    2) what if the drill bit broke and got stuck?

Just wanted to share.
    Last edited by DeafJeff; 19th December 2010 at 22:49.

Blog Entries
    Excellent idea, congrats and thanks.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

nicely done.
    cold on ice it's a Deadman's touch...