Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: American Classic still owned by Metro Arms?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

American Classic still owned by Metro Arms?

Just was looking at the AC web page and it is showing Eagle Imports now. Is this a change of importer or did they just not tell the importer before? I see they have also changed the roll mark again...and not a change for the better in my opinion...they still have the little M inside of a circle emblem on the slide though.

Here's a link
    http://www.americanclassic1911.com/

They are also calling the compact model the "AMIGO". Not that I have any interest in a compact 1911, but if I was looking...there is no way on earth I would buy one with AMIGO stamped on the slide....that just doesn't sound like a 1911 model. They have way too much stuff stamped into the slide already with the great big AMERICAN CLASSIC as it is.....having amigo stamped right under it seems like a cultural contradiction to top it off.
    Last edited by daviscustom; 30th November 2010 at 19:23.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by daviscustom
    Just was looking at the AC web page and it is showing Eagle Imports now. Is this a change of importer or did they just not tell the importer before? I see they have also changed the roll mark again...and not a change for the better in my opinion...they still have the little M inside of a circle emblem on the slide though.

Here's a link
    http://www.americanclassic1911.com/

They are also calling the compact model the "AMIGO". Not that I have any interest in a compact 1911, but if I was looking...there is no way on earth I would buy one with AMIGO stamped on the slide....that just doesn't sound like a 1911 model. They have way too much stuff stamped into the slide already with the great big AMERICAN CLASSIC as it is.....having amigo stamped right under it seems like a cultural contradiction to top it off.
    MetroArms started using the encircled M logo roll mark less than a year ago.

Regardless of who imports them they are a bargain.

A compact 1911 is my daily carry pistol which is currently a Colt.

Rgds
    Eric
    Last edited by egumpher; 30th November 2010 at 20:12.

Posts liked by others
    With all the changes, I just wondered if things were stable with the manufacture.

Metro Arms is still the manufacture I assume, or were they just the importer?

Wasn't passing judgment on compact 1911's, just stating I wasn't in the market for one....and thought the Spanish "AMIGO" model name didn't really fit for an "American Classic". Just seems to be a bit of an odd choice compared against traditional model names like "commander" and "officer" and so on.
    Last edited by daviscustom; 30th November 2010 at 20:58.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by daviscustom
    With all the changes, I just wondered if things were stable with the manufacture.

Metro Arms is still the manufacture I assume, or were they just the importer?

Wasn't passing judgment on compact 1911's, just stating I wasn't in the market for one....and thought the Spanish "AMIGO" model name didn't really fit for an "American Classic". Just seems to be a bit of an odd choice compared against traditional model names like "commander" and "officer" and so on.
    Hello,

If the compact MA is as reliable as their full sized 1911 there might be a compact MA in my future....

Rgds
    Eric

Posts liked by others
    Metro Arms is still making the pistols The Importer has always been Eagle for both the American Classic and the metro Arms Fire storm Which was dropped in name 1st of year as to many were confusing it with the old Llama firestorm . So Firestorm was dropped for 1911. As for name "Amigo" I wasn't asked for my opinion and have no idea why that was picked . They will be here In January I am told unless boat sinks or customs wants to play games. Same with hard chrome Commanders look for them in Jan also.
    American Classic II 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9mm 1972 Colt Combat Commander1995 Colt Combat Commander SS 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2003 Colt Defender 2007 Colt Agent

www.americanclassic1911forum.com