Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
Ruger
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, Blue Ridge Firerarms or Field Supply, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt DAO

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?

Colt DAO

Has anyone ever shot the Colt Double Action Only 1991? Is the trigger pull similar to the Para LDA or more like the trigger pull of a Glock Or H&K or other DAO firearms?

Not out yet.
    I prefer Colts...Semper Fi

I'd say its a derivative of the Colt Double Eagle, that doesn't stay cocked like a double action auto.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"
    "It seems to me that I have forgotten more than I remember"

Quote Originally Posted by paul45
    Not out yet.
    You sure? I saw it on the Colt website and the Gallery of Guns web site also.

Interested

There not out yet. My Dept doesnt allow "locked & coked" & requires a minimum 9lb trigger pull. I hear this Colt has a pretty heavy stock pull or at least some have complained of it online while pulling the trigger at SHOT show. So for off duty carry so i'm definitely interested in this Colt as a contender. This definitely is a "niche" weapon as 3-5lb trigger pulls is what sells the most.

I called Colt CS a few weeks ago and they said it might be out early next year.

We shall see.

Early next year is only a couple of months away! It has been a long wait until now; hope it really is early next year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thewayofthegun1
    There not out yet. My Dept doesnt allow "locked & coked" & requires a minimum 9lb trigger pull
    Come again?!?!? 9 lbs trigger?!?! Why? Do they hate their officers?!?!?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Welcome to my dilema

This is New Jersey... Only criminals carry 5lb trigger pulls

Actually we are issued Sig 229s DAKs with Stock 10 pound trigger pulls. Our off duty weapon policy have the following two horrible rules:
    1) Trigger must be DAO 9.5 to 12lbs.
    2) The weapon must not require pulling the trigger to disassemble (so no glock or Kahrs for us).

The truth is the Department is more concerned over liability (accidental shootings/discharges) then Officer safety. Training is biannual range qualifications shooting 50 rounds day, 50 round night (using welders googles to simulate) at static targets from 1-25 yards... its minimal.

In regards to the Colt DAO, While most would look at this gun and say... Who would want that? Well its us guys stuck in Nannyville.

FWIW.. Sometimes I feel like just getting a standard New Agent & carrying it cocked & locked... Dept rules & Regs wont save my behind in a shootout
    Last edited by thewayofthegun1; 15th November 2010 at 00:52. Reason: spelling

someone showed me the write up in one of the gun rags today.

the author's example had a 12 pound trigger pull

TWELVE POUNDS!?!?!?!!......

..L.T.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap
    someone showed me the write up in one of the gun rags today.

the author's example had a 12 pound trigger pull

TWELVE POUNDS!?!?!?!!......
    Both of my trigger pull gauges don't go high enough to measure the double-action trigger pull on my S&W Model 637 J-frame revolver, and my S&W Model 686 Plus ain't much better. I've fired those two guns enough to have some relatively good trigger control, so it's really not an issue.

When I tested the Para-Ordnance (now Para-USA) Carry 9 for the M1911.ORG E-zine, I recorded a trigger pull of between 7 1/2 and 8 pounds. That trigger was very smooth, though, and the manipulation of the trigger presented no problems while firing the pistol.

I'm hopeful that Colt can get the double-action-only trigger pull on the DAO guns down a bit, but we'll have to wait and see how the regular production guns work out, when they become readily available.
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast