Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
Ruger
If you intend to buy something from Brownells or Cabela's, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ? Ati ?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?

Question ? Ati ?

Do any members own an ATI 1911 firearm? Also, any feed back on theses firearms? I have seen several at gun shows lately. Fit and finish seemed to be real nice, and the prices were not so bad. My grandson has his eye on one but I would tend to lean towards the Rock Islands as I own 3 of them and they are about $80 less than the ATI. Thanks in advance for any help.

Made by Shooters' Arms in the Philippines. Look for a thread in this forum about the 'Thunderbolt."
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

I own an ati TITAN, which is a snubbie 45. slightly shorter grip, 3.25 in barrel. I love it! much better quality than the other philippen maker. shoots well, it's my carry gun.

Have an A.T.I.

Purchased a new 1911 in .45 acp that was imported by A.T.I. the one I have is called American Classic its an early version as far as I can tell . Bought new has about 600 rds without any problems fit & finish decent. Frame is marked A.T.I. Rochester N.Y. then Imperial Defence Services Ltd. England contacted A.T.I. twice by phone 1 email no response by email on the phone once they told me its not there gun shop where I purchased it is an A.T.I. dealer ? The new pistols they market are called Rangers don"t know why they dropped the American Classic can anyone offer info?

Quote Originally Posted by tri650cc
    Purchased a new 1911 in .45 acp that was imported by A.T.I. the one I have is called American Classic its an early version as far as I can tell . Bought new has about 600 rds without any problems fit & finish decent. Frame is marked A.T.I. Rochester N.Y. then Imperial Defence Services Ltd. England contacted A.T.I. twice by phone 1 email no response by email on the phone once they told me its not there gun shop where I purchased it is an A.T.I. dealer ? The new pistols they market are called Rangers don"t know why they dropped the American Classic can anyone offer info?
    AFAIK American Classic II .45 pistols are currently made by Metro Arms in the Philippines, and imported by Import Sports in Wanamassa, NJ. You may want to look at www.americanclassic1911.com.

American Classic

Those Metro Arms were not from A.T.I. they market Rangers and at one time the American Classic from England By Imperial Defence Services which is what I have.

Love my FX 45. Check out my replies in the "Thunderbolt" thread.

Halito, all. Just recently put a GI 4.25 incher on layaway. Very good trigger and seems well-built. I would point out, of four ATI/SAM pieces that I checked, the thumb safety was allowing the sear to move slightly during safety checks on three of the weapons. This is an easy fix, but I was surprised to find a 75% failure rate on these pieces that were brand-new. The one I layed away checked out fine, and I may still go ahead and get one of the full-sized models after I see how the GI runs. Love the 1911, PI (the gun-smiths there are turning out some great stuff!!) and the forum.

C.......

ejector failure

Well, picked up my new ATI Titan today. It was the stainless model. Everything looked great on it. Brought it home, disassembled, cleaned, lubed and test fired. Made it two rnd 20 plus or minus and the slide locked up, I mean locked up about half way on the frame. Emty case still locked in extractor. I looked to see what was going on and then I seen it. A piece of the ejector had broken off and was wedged between barrel and slade. The bad thing id that it totally gouged the ramp on the barrel. So tomarrow I will call ATI as see what has to be done. Hopefully they will be easy to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rott05
    Well, picked up my new ATI Titan today. It was the stainless model. Everything looked great on it. Brought it home, disassembled, cleaned, lubed and test fired. Made it two rnd 20 plus or minus and the slide locked up, I mean locked up about half way on the frame. Emty case still locked in extractor. I looked to see what was going on and then I seen it. A piece of the ejector had broken off and was wedged between barrel and slade. The bad thing id that it totally gouged the ramp on the barrel. So tomarrow I will call ATI as see what has to be done. Hopefully they will be easy to work with.

Man! That's some bad luck! Let us know about your CS experience.
    Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast