Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star SS .380 Auto Pistol???

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Star SS .380 Auto Pistol???

Hello All, I have been trying to find a Star BM .9mm for a realistic price. Well in the process of looking for a BM 9 I found a Star SS .380. I didn't even know the little pistol existed until I saw the little pistol. Took the SS to the range Monday and at 12 yds the little .380 does it's job as long as I do my part. Had two FTF's but the pistol had gotten quite dirty. I wiped off the feed ramp and the pistol ran fine again. I was using some cheap Private Partisan ammo I picked up at a show last weekend. Dirtiest ammo I've ever shot. Was made in Serbia. The pistol looks very much like the LLama .380's I saw back in the 70's & 80's. Does anyone know much about these little 1911 lookalikes.??? Other than very small sights I really like mine. Oh yeah, I lucked out on a Star BM .9mm this week

Posts liked by others
    Ilike the Star pistols, well at least the older ones. I have a Star Model F Sport .22 L.R. pistol that was my Dad's and it is one of my favorites. I've had a couple of Star Model F pistols.
    I also had a Modelo Super in 9mm Largo.

Does this pistol have the quick takedown feature? This Model has a magazine disconnect.

"Blue Book of Gun Values" 27th Ed. Copyright 2006; page 1561:
    STAR, BONIFACIO ECHEVERRIA S.A.
    MODELS SUPER SI AND S- similar to Model S, with Super Star improvements. Mfg. 1946-1972

The Model SI is .32 ACP caliber. 1941-1965, Model S .380.

Also:http://www.star-firearms.com/index.html
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"
    "It seems to me that I have forgotten more than I remember"

Posts liked by others

Re: Star SS .380 Auto

No the pistol does not have the quick take down on the right side like one I saw. My SS field strips just like a standard 1911 does. It's a sweet little pistol.

Posts liked by others
    Is the butt marked SS?
    Ken

Posts liked by others

Re: Star SS .380 Auto

Yes the mag well area is stamped SS. Matter of fact I just cleaned her last night from a range trip a few days ago. She's sitting pretty awaiting
    the arrival of her big brother BM next week.

Posts liked by others
    Hmm! I was assuming that an SS Star was a Modelo S Super Star. I guess not. Can you post a picture?
    My brother had one, not sure if it was a Model S or SS.
    They are nice little guns.
    Ken

Posts liked by others
    Yes, a picture would be appreciated. I cannot place the pistol you describe.

Posts liked by others
    Star made some great little pistols. I carried a Star Model PD (.45 ACP) in the late 1970's through late 1980's and it served me very well. I never should have sold it, but I found another earlier this year and didn't let it slip away. I replaced all the springs with fresh ones, sent the slide off to Novak for a gold dot replacement front sight and had CCR refinish the frame and slide in "Cera Hide" (Houseblack), while applying "Cera Plate" to the controls and barrel. The stocks are cocobolo wood replacements from the "Gun Grip Guys" (www.gungripguys.com) and you might be able to find a nice set there for your .380.

"For me, violence was a language that I wasn't fluent in, but I knew enough to get by in places where it was spoken." ("Blue Blood" by Edward Conlon)
    Last edited by Pulicords; 18th August 2010 at 12:42.

Posts liked by others

Re: Star SS .380

That's a really cool looking Star you have there!
    How much did the finish job cost?

Posts liked by others
    Here's CCR's price list, with sale information: http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/hg.htm
    "For me, violence was a language that I wasn't fluent in, but I knew enough to get by in places where it was spoken." ("Blue Blood" by Edward Conlon)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast