Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: InterArms Silver Cup

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

InterArms Silver Cup

I recently purchased an InterArms Silver Cup 1911. There is little information on the web. Anyone know the history behind this company and the .45?

Posts liked by others

InterArms Silver Cup,

Purchased one when they first came out,made in USA,InterArms in Virginia made them using,I believe Essex frames,all the rest of the parts are GI,all I ever saw had type 2 Rem.Rand slides,4 of us at work had them,they all shoot better then most of the high priced stuff they sell today,I carried mine for work to save wear/tear on my Commander,my frame was a 1911 style,I bubba'ed the finger scallops on it,I have short fingers,sweat rusted up the slide,sanded it off & smeared cold blue on it,don't like mis-treating any gun,but this one had to be considered a tool,if I found another in a decent shape/price I'd buy it,It's an old company,been around for years,very large importer/dealer military/commercial arms and etc:

RayP.

Posts liked by others

bg,

I forgot about this earlier thread about Silvercups,it's in "Other 1911's" at;
    http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=6620
    RayP.

Posts liked by others
    Well, if they were made in the U.S. I suppose we really shouldn't be discussing them under "Foreign Contract" pistols ... so I'll just move this thread to "Other 1911s" to keep it near the previous discussion.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others

Interarms

RayP.:

Interesting stuff! I've never heard of these pistols. I'll have to keep an eye out.

mitchjoe

Posts liked by others
    I got to agree with RayP. the only slides I'd ever saw on the Interarms Silver Cups was the R-R Type III's, too. Recently they have been popping up on gunbroker.

Posts liked by others
    I fired a box of shell with this pistol yesterday. It has been 30 years since I fired a handgun and I'm all over the map at 25 yds. Part of the problem is my eyesight. The Varilens glasses don't allow me to see the sights and the target clearly mat the same time, one or the other is out of focus. Any recommendations on sites?

Posts liked by others

Interarms Silver Cup

It sounds and looks like a decent "parts gun"...
    "When in doubt, empty the magazine"..!!

Posts liked by others

Silver City

BG,
    Stay focused on the front sight. Make it clear and sharp with whatever lenses you are using. Yes, the target will be blurred or fuzzy, You should be able to identify the image of the target by its different color or shape from its background. Put the clear image of the front sight, centered up in the blurred image. DO NOT let your eye waunder back and forth between the front sight and your target. You will NEVER be able to see the front sight and the target clearly simultaneously. Get used to seeing this blurred image of the target...it now goes with the territory...!!! Dry Practice this proceedure for awhile and forget live fire, until you are comfortable with the image you are seeing through your sight picture. Once this is set in place, live fire at say 5M's until you are getting center hits and building your confidence. When you are doing this regularly and getting bored at this distace, then move back to 7M's and repeat the process....Good luck and I would be interested in your progress...
    By the by...there is no fee for this lesson..!!
    "When in doubt, empty the magazine"..!!