Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two Tone Tactical Arrived. *PICS*

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Two Tone Tactical Arrived. *PICS*

Got mine through bellshire for 465 shipped, and couldn't be happier with the service from Phil.

I drove around to Wallmart, and a new gun shop and neither had 45 cal in stock, so I went to Big 5 in the mall, and they had a couple boxes of Remington, so I bought them all for 26.66 per 50rd . I know of a big sporting goods store that i'll check later, my FFL said they carry 50rds for 11.99 sometimes, and $16 all day.

Back to the pistol, it's my first 1911, and lets just say i'm a really happy camper right now. The gun is nearly spotless out of the box, a tiny little mark on the top of the slide, but i'm sure i'll do worse in no time

Here are some pics, and i'll reply with a range report once the rain clears up today or tomorrow. By the way, thanks to all the members here for all the knowledge I picked up in searching old threads, I couldn't have made the decision without it.

Higher Res of the same pics.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5226/img2508a.jpg
    http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4317/img2501u.jpg
    http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3638/img2506o.jpg
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6555/img2507sy.jpg

Posts liked by others

Congrats on your new RIA 1911! I remember when I first got my 2-tone tac model........then I discovered Midwayusa.com for add-on/custom parts!! Did you order any extra magazines yet? www.advancedtactical.com is where you can pick up the FACTORY ACT-Mags......same place that the RIA 1911's come from (Armscor/Rock Island)
    ***Stay away from Chip McCormick mags!
    ***If you want to splurge, get a Wilson Combat magazine ($30) and it is the BEST/HIGHEST rated mag for 1911 models.

Here is what mine looks like now
    http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=82839

***Check your local Gun Shows for ammo. I just bought PMC Bronze 50rd boxes of 45acp ammo for $16.95/box. There were some brands ranging from $13.95 and up. I shoot alot of PMC Bronze in 9mm and 40cal and never have problems (clean ammo, too).
    Last edited by VegasRPh; 17th June 2010 at 17:33.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the heads up about mags and ammo.

I just got out and fired some rounds, and man..... what a piece of art this gun is. Smooth as butter, perfect grip, sites on point, i'm amazed with the fit and finish for the price. These Remingtons are doing real nice so far aside from the hefty price tag on them.

I'll do a more detailed report once I get some targets setup and a clear day.

Posts liked by others
    I do like them 2-tones!
    Mike
    Most problems can be fixed with the proper application of high explosives.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vDiesel
    Thanks for the heads up about mags and ammo.

I just got out and fired some rounds, and man..... what a piece of art this gun is. Smooth as butter, perfect grip, sites on point, i'm amazed with the fit and finish for the price. These Remingtons are doing real nice so far aside from the hefty price tag on them.

I'll do a more detailed report once I get some targets setup and a clear day.
    Looking forward to hearing more on future range reports. My 2-tone Tac model gave me a few FTRTB issues my 1st range trip, I fixed that issue with a new Wolff 18.5lb recoil spring from Midwayusa.
    **Then, I went a little crazy and bought some ED Brown SS parts to dress it up a little & some rosewood grips.

To be honest, my 1st 100 rounds or so were a little weird with small quirks here and there. Now, I have about 250 rounds thru her, and she is running like a clock! The trigger is smooth and I am getting 2" groups at 7yds pretty much everytime. My friend has a H&K USP 9mm and he says the 1911 is like a "freight train".....lots of stopping power and dead accurate. He is really impressed with my RIA 1911.......he is pondering picking up one too!

Posts liked by others
    Thankfully no FTF's or any malfuntion yet. Just feed it, and it eats it . Did a full teardown and cleaning last night, now the rails slide like butter.

I got a question about the ammo i'm using. It's the Remington UMC 230gr, is this ok to fire alot of? For the price, I imagine its more of a home protection bullet. I just don't want to be over working the pistol with stronger ammo than is needed for practice. I'm pretty wet behind the ears as far as ammo to use, since up until now i've been firing a family friends reloads out of his guns.

Posts liked by others
    I use the Remmington UMC (yellow box or sometimes green box) ammo. The standard round for a 45acp is 230gr ball/round nose ammo. These are perfectly fine to shoot thru the 1911........round nose are "target loads".
    **Winchester White Box (WWB) comes as a "value pack" of 100 rounds and you can find these sometimes for $35-$40 and these are also 230gr.

Home defense rounds will be: Cor-bon, Hornaday, Extreme Shock, etc. Usually, home defense rounds are 185gr or 200gr and will be JHP (jacketed hollow point) to "mushroom" on impact. Some are +P (extra power).
    ***These rounds are are more expensive (about $1.00/round).

I have NOT fired any JHP's thru my RIA 1911 Tac model, but other owners have and they should feed fine. Maybe buy a small pack and try them out.

Posts liked by others
    Very nice!

Posts liked by others
    Congrats diesel!!!
    "This is the 44 Magnum Auto Mag and holds a 300 grain cartridge and if properly used it can remove the fingerprints."

Posts liked by others
    Finger on trigger in pic? (yeah, i know, hammer down, there could be one in the tube and pulling all day on the trigger wouldn't do anything, but still...)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast