Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Happy Easter
to all those who celebrate it.

Sponsors Panel
Ruger
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: RIA with light rail?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?

RIA with light rail?

Hey guys. First of all thanks for all the good info you are sharing. I'm sold on getting my first 1911 and RIA. I'd like to purchase a GI or tactical for the house. My question is, "has anyone attached a light rail (Tick) and if so did it work out okay?" I'm probably not going to change much other than grips providing evrything else handles well.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.
    If I may suggest - get the tactical - the enhanced features is well worth the difference in price.

RIA does not import a railed 1911 - but there are aftermaket rails that you can add on - someone will come along here that can direct you where to get one.

So I am sure you will be happy with your new ROCK!
    "...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36

Welcome to the forum shooter 15., you will enjoy your new pistol,when you get it.

Skip the GI for home defense unless you plan on adding Crimson Tracer laser grips or redoing the sights. While my GI is a fantastic shooter the sights leave a lot to be desired for low light shooting, which is why I have the CT on it and I do use it thus as my home defense gun, it's in the nightstand. BTW the CT laser is bright enough to skip the light in a dark house at night. I'd agree go with the Tactical model, sights are better all around, I bought my GI for sentimental reasons.
    Mike
    Most problems can be fixed with the proper application of high explosives.
    Last edited by asmurff; 2nd August 2010 at 18:23.

Buy the Tactical you wont be sorry.

First post!
    I have an RIA Tactical with a rail mounted on it. A local gunsmith did the work, and the rail is made by Novak. It's been on for, oh, maybe a year or so now with several hundred rounds down the pipe.
    I'll try to get pics later.
    Here's a link to the rail the smith installed:
    http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...CAL_LIGHT_RAIL

Quote Originally Posted by shooter15
    Hey guys. First of all thanks for all the good info you are sharing. I'm sold on getting my first 1911 and RIA. I'd like to purchase a GI or tactical for the house. My question is, "has anyone attached a light rail (Tick) and if so did it work out okay?" I'm probably not going to change much other than grips providing evrything else handles well.
    I bought a Tick light rail for my FS Tactical (Thor) and it works great, I just wish I could find a holster that would fit with the rail and the combo laser sight, flash light attached. I highly recommend the Tick mount.
    some people just need a high five...in the face...with a chair.