Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt 70 Series in 9mm

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    The problem is that Colt doesn't make a 9mm Government Model right now, Series 70 or 80. That makes the price a bit higher than it really should be becuase of supply and demand. So the prices on these pistols seem high, but you just can't get a brand new one right now. Colt could start making these in a year or 2. But if you're hot to get one now, a year or two just won't get it.

If I was really wanting a 9mm Colt Government Model, right this minute, I'd buy a Super 38 and get a 9mm barrel, extended ejector and that would take care of the itch for a 9mm. This might not work for everyone, because I just can't seem to plunk down any money on a 1911 unless it has a pony on it. I know, I have a bad case of horsey-itis.
    'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~Thomas Jefferson
    "We are the sheep dogs that protect the sheep and the sheep are afraid of the tools we use to fend off the wolves"..... Dave
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    I hope this post does not make anyone upset with me, but when I shoot a M1911, there is ONLY one size round going through it.... .45 ACP.

This reminds me of the story where an Army Ranger is asked by a reporter why he carries a Colt 1911 .45 in combat. He retorted back: "Because Colt does not make a .46"

I agree with everything people have stated in this thread about the 9mm. It is cheaper and easier to shoot. I own a Glock 17 for just this reason and I love it! However, chambering a 1911 in anything but .45 is like putting a Toyota inline 4 cylinder engine into a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro.
    Last edited by Jason8844; 25th June 2010 at 16:53.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason8844
    I hope this post does not make anyone upset with me, but when I shoot a M1911, there is ONLY one size round going through it.... .45 ACP.

This reminds me of the story where an Army Ranger is asked by a reporter why he carries a Colt 1911 in .45 in combat. He retorted back: "Because Colt does not make a .46"

I agree with everything people have stated in this thread about the 9mm. It is cheaper and easier to shoot. I own a Glock 17 for just this reason and I love it! However, chambering a 1911 in anything but .45 is like putting a Toyota inline 4 cylinder engine into a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro.
    Sickening, isn't it?

Shooting more, typing less

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12