Wildcat,

Roger that. I am a little thin between the ears sometimes. While I have a lot of lead bullet calibers, I have never felt like I really needed to cast. The Rowland sure could benefit from casting. And no doubt it is a niche cartridge. One thing I have told a lot of folks about it that seems to make sense is that it is greatly suited for someone who perhaps has lots of other 45's that he/she reloads for, and wants something akin to a 10mm as to use. I have dang near pulled the trigger on a 10mm a few times, and even greatly fondled a Desert Eagle in 44 mag, but I keep coming back to the "why stock more bullets for another caliber for which I do not already reload" question.

I had one of my buddies shoot it at the ranch this weekend, and he said after shooting it that it was a piece of cake to shoot. Then I told him the actual ballistics of the round he shot, and he was certainly impressed.

If you get a chance to post a picture of your new bullet, please do so. While I have not tried the BT bullet at lower speed, my guess is that it (and yours?)would make a dandy 45acp perhaps +p load for a standard 1911 gun for someone who wants a little more penetration, with better internal wounding characteristics than an fmj.

Craig