Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Citadel vs RIA

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Citadel vs RIA

I'm new to this forum so don't know if this has been asked before: In that the the RIA's and Legacy Citadels are made, probably by the same folks, is there an advantage somewhere in buying either brand?? I know the Citadels have forged barrels but not sure about the RIA's. Also the Citadels seem to be higher priced. Why would I want a Citadel if I can get a RIA one cheaper if they're basically the same??

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw46
    I'm new to this forum so don't know if this has been asked before: In that the the RIA's and Legacy Citadels are made, probably by the same folks, is there an advantage somewhere in buying either brand?? I know the Citadels have forged barrels but not sure about the RIA's. Also the Citadels seem to be higher priced. Why would I want a Citadel if I can get a RIA one cheaper if they're basically the same??
    to the forum bearclaw46.

Posts liked by others
    The Citadel and the RIA are the same pistol. Just different cosmetics.
    "...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36

Posts liked by others
    Yes Sir
    Ivan

Posts liked by others
    The Citadel comes with 2 mags and double diamond grips. The RIA does not. Both pistols are made by Armscor, and both cost the same to the penny. I ordered the Citadel in dark park. It's a gorgeous appearing pistol. Flawless workmanship, fit and finish. Seven days to go on my ten day wait, SIGH!!!. Sherman

Posts liked by others
    If you can shop around for the best price and/or watch the online bidding sites like a hawk, you can get Citadels for the same prices RIAs are going for. At an even cost comparison, the Citadel wins with the fancier slide serrations and extra mag.

Posts liked by others
    OK, here's the deal. Took delivery of my Citadel 1911 two days ago. For a lousy $585.00 I'm totally estatic. Double diamond grips, 2 mags, added serations up front. Same price as the RIA Tactical. Range report as follows: 10 yds, off hand, 21/2 inch groups. No malfunctions ever. 185 grain Winchester ammo. I wish my wife had these numbers!!. Did I mention I LOVE this shooter??. Sherm

Posts liked by others
    A Legacy Sports Int. has an ad for the Citadel M1911 FS;
    quote "From the Makers of the Rock Island Armory M1911A1" unquote.
    Quotation from Legacy Sports Advertisement for the Citadel M1911 Full Size.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"
    "It seems to me that I have forgotten more than I remember"