Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: 1911 blueprints

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

1911 blueprints

I was looking at the mechanical drawings of the 1911 on this site and I was wondering...

Why do they put a period (.) in front of all the part numbers in the drawings?

:^/>

RKV

Posts liked by others
    I haven't looked at the diagrams themselves, but I would assume that they are done that way to show structure levels. I know in the military they do that where the main system wouldn't have any periods, then the components of that system have a period before them and the components of those components have two periods, etc.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by tcpatter
    I haven't looked at the diagrams themselves, but I would assume that they are done that way to show structure levels. I know in the military they do that where the main system wouldn't have any periods, then the components of that system have a period before them and the components of those components have two periods, etc.

Cool.
    Somebody told me they was measurements but there ain't no periods on my high dollar Stanley tape measure so I think they was yankin my chains.

I's jes to smart fer 'em.
    ;^)

RKV

Posts liked by others
    I am not sure it came out of the military but it is old. I remember when you look at say your windoza system you will see the . directory and the .. directory which grew out of Unix. Of course the . directory is where you are and the .. diretory is the one above you.
    NRA Life Member