Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Happy Thanksgiving
to all those who celebtate it.

Sponsors Panel
Ruger
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, Blue Ridge Firerarms or Field Supply, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1911 Grips with Girl

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by SloMo
    Hello Everyone:

I was at the gun show yesterday, I saw a man with a set of real ivory grips that had a girl carved into the grip. They were really nice, but the asking price was too high ($1500 a set), and I doubt it would make a good carry grip. Anyhow, I wanted to know if anyone know where I can get a set of grips for my Kimber SIS Custom that has pictures/inlay/carved girls on it, that I can actually use on a daily basis.

Any type of material would be fine. I just want something that different, but it has to be for DAILY USAGE, and not something that is intended to be frame mounted. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Eagle Grips shows a pic of elephant ivory grips with a nude woman scrimshawed on them. The price is $800. Not my cup of tea to have a nude woman on handgun grips, but whatever floats the customer's boat.
    Last edited by by a moderator; 2nd February 2010 at 15:49.

Another suggestion that may require a little more leg work on your end, but ensures you'll end up with what you want.....
    Find a pair of Ivory (real or faux) that you like, then take them to a local trophy, or award shop. Most of them have laser engravers now that allow them to put pretty much whatever you can think of, to whatever scale YOU want it, on the grip panels. Setup can be pricey, but if you search around, you may find one with the pattern you want already in their library and won't have to pay for the design work.
    Just a thought.
    Good luck!
    Sarge
    Sarge's Grips
    Exotic wood addict
    COTEP Apostle and Missionary

thanks everyone. i will look into some the suggestions that were made.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12