Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Happy Easter
to all those who celebrate it.

Sponsors Panel
Ruger
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: 1911 Competition

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?

1911 Competition

Hi All,
    New to this forum, anyway I was thinking of holding a 1911 only based shooting competition, kind of IDPA/Steel type of match do any of you think this would be of interest.

Regards,
    DB

I think that would depend entirely on how many 1911 shooters/competitors there are in your area. If you are in an area that already has large, sanctioned matches, the 1911 shooters are probably already competing against each other in the single stack division and might not be interested in another competition to burn up ammo.

On the other hand, some might regard it as practice.

:shrug:
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

I've been running an annual single stack match for the last few years at my club. Since the club is affiliated with both IDPA and USPSA, the match is sort of a hybrid, in terms of scoring and stage design. I schedule it on a weekend that no other local clubs are hosting matches, to help ensure that if anyone wants to shoot, they have to come to my match. I've been drawing 40-50 shooters, and everyone appears to have fun.
    "A grip safety is just another excess moving part. I have never known one to prevent an accident, and moreover, it is difficult to postulate a circumstance in which it might." Jeff Cooper