Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Has Firestorm 1911 been discontinued?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Has Firestorm 1911 been discontinued?

I was trying to find a Firestorm website and it led me to Bersa...which has Firestorm models listed. None of which are 1911's. Furthermore, Gallry of Guns used to have the 1911 model under the Firestorm brand. It has been removed and there are no 1911's listed under Firestorm...just some small Bersa-type guns.
    Is the MetroArms 1911 available now only in the American Classic line?

Posts liked by others
    i think the firestorms and american classic 1911's are just in short supply demand has been good i think. as for bersa they dont make 1911 now i'm prety sure and the oines they did where not true 1911's.
    Last edited by timf; 21st December 2009 at 23:54.

Posts liked by others
    "Firestorm" is not a manufacturer, as you may know, it is a name applied to firearms of other manufacture by an American importer in New Jersey. They sell Metro Arms 1911s under the Firestorm name, and they sell Bersa pistols under the Firestorm name. The Firestorm 1911s were previously manufactured by Llama, until that company folded. We have no specific information about the "new" Firestorm 1911s being discontinued, but it seems unlikely. It is more likely, as stated above, just a supply problem.

Stay tuned.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by RockIsle1911
    I was trying to find a Firestorm website and it led me to Bersa...which has Firestorm models listed. None of which are 1911's. Furthermore, Gallry of Guns used to have the 1911 model under the Firestorm brand. It has been removed and there are no 1911's listed under Firestorm...just some small Bersa-type guns.
    Is the MetroArms 1911 available now only in the American Classic line?
    What sort of information are you looking for about the Firestorm line of Pistol?
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.
    |SA Custom Shop 1911-A1 Loaded|SA NM MEU(SOC)Mil-Spec|Glock 22|HK USP 45 Comp|KP97|SA XDm9|PT92AFD|PT140|COLT KING COBRA|HK USC|MINI-30|Custom AR15 SNIPER|M590A1|Moded CAR15|7.62x39 Colt AR-15 Carbine|
    US Navy Retired, NRA Member, Conceal Weapon Permit Holder

Posts liked by others
    Guess I will bring the bad news. The Firestorm 1911 is being discontinued . They will all be American classic now. No sense have same pistol competing against its self This hopefully will make the pistols easier to find under one name and separate it from the old Firestorm (Llamas) Also will be a new model American Classic coming I don't Have word on when and really haven't been told I can even mention it. I am hoping it will be at the NRA convention in May. It might be at shot show But I don't attend that show. I will be a Eagle booth talking Bersa and American classic at Charlotte. Stop by and visit I am not a employee of Eagle and don't speak for them. I have a relationship with them because of my board BersaTalk.
    American Classic II 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9mm 1972 Colt Combat Commander1995 Colt Combat Commander SS 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2003 Colt Defender 2007 Colt Agent

www.americanclassic1911forum.com

Posts liked by others
    The Firestorm used to be made by Llama in Spain and was not a true 1911. Some 1911 parts would fit with only minor fitting required. Whereas other parts would not work no matter how hard you tried to make them. That company is now defunct. The brand name "Firestorm" became the property of Metro Arms of the Philippines. Their web site http://metroarms.com/ is not up and running yet. IIRC, American Classic is also made by Metro, so. it is the same gun Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. They are imported by a Wanamassa, New Jersey firm, Import Sports Inc.

Posts liked by others
    You are somewhat correct on the Firestorm history . Firestorm is a American owned company that contracts with others to build their pistols. Firestorm make nothing. The metroarms Firestorm has been discontinued for 2010 . Their will only be American Classic II(also just a name) made by metroarms from now on . This will reduce the who made, or makes the Firestorm confusion and also allow more importation of the American Classic . I was told be approx 1000 a month instead of the less than 200 now.
    Iam also to understand in my conversation other night. That the Bersa Made "Firestorms" DA/SA in 9mm 40 and 45 are also being dropped Their will still be a Firestorm 380 and 22 . All Bersa models remain the same and new poly Bersa on way in a couple months.
    This is no different than armscor making 5 or 6 different 1911 under different brands . Just the owners of Firestorm /American Classic decided to drop the Firestorm name. It is strictly business nothing else
    I wish to say I am not a employee of the importer, American Classic,. or Bersa
    However I do have a close relationship with them Due to my board. bersatalk,
    American Classic II 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9mm 1972 Colt Combat Commander1995 Colt Combat Commander SS 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2003 Colt Defender 2007 Colt Agent

www.americanclassic1911forum.com
    Last edited by michael t; 30th January 2010 at 00:11.