Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norinco quality - getting better or worse?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Norinco quality - getting better or worse?

I believe Norincos improved their quality in the past few years compared to the earlier models. My brother told me about a Philippine forum where some know it all seems to claim otherwise. This guy sells a fabricated magwell which he claims to fit the Charles Daly and SAM frames (both from the Philippines too) yet has a shoddy fit on the Norks. Here's a link.

http://pinoy1911.proboards.com/index...ad=7335&page=1

The language is a bit hard to comprehend. The poster seems to blame the Nork frame than his backyard manufactured magwell. He claims that shooters should be aware of the problem despite the obvious flaw in the photographs. The nerve of this guy. You be the judge.
    Colt made the 1911 tradition. Norinco made it more popular because of the price.

Posts liked by others
    It looks like a very ugly knock-off the NHC T3 magwell...

Did you notice the way the rear face of the MSH pin pole extension goes almost vertically up?
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Yep. got that right. it definitely is an ugly knock-off. the funny thing here is the dork claimed that the Norinco frame is the main problem and not his homemade magwell.
    Colt made the 1911 tradition. Norinco made it more popular because of the price.

Posts liked by others
    tell you fella's i purchased a norinco 45 about 2 or more years ago (yes i have to leave pics but i have no clue how to).
    any way i was looking at a colt m1911 ww1 reissue, almost $2000 cdn with tax at the time.
    found this great gunsmith/dealer. works 99% with norinco. any way i handled a .45 i realy didn't see much of a differance except for the brand name and price. for what i would have spent on a colt m1911 reissue, i now have a norinco m1911a1 (redone to as close to a gi model), norinco m14 (few mods), norinco ar15 (cq311), norinco m97 trench gun. all for the price of that one colt. quality is outstanding, as good as any remington or winchester ect i've had. so yes they are getting better. i just cant wait for the chinese cadilac for $1000, lol. (if anyone can tell me how to leave a picture i will post some of this wonderful chinese family).
    good day

p.s. nice one i appoligize.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by king66
    (if anyone can tell me how to leave a picture i will post some of this wonderful chinese family).
    http://forum.m1911.org/faq.php?faq=a...ostingpictures
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Not fair...soooo not fair...I want to buy new Norincos too...

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by crlovel
    Not fair...soooo not fair...I want to buy new Norincos too...
    still had to put a wee bit of money into them to make them right. not as much as others as i'm old school army. i like shooting with as close as to what we had in the day.

m1911a1- i changed the front and rear sight to gi witch are smaller then the norc's, short shelf safety, mainspring housing with lanyard loop and real gi plastic grips.

ar15 (cq311)- it's no longer made it is a semi copy of the vietnam m16a1. had to change the butt stock, pistol grip and fore grip.

m14s- rear sight, gi flash suppressor (so i can shoot with a bayonet), nm op rod guide and spring (not needed).

m1897 trench- nothing except going to strip the butt and fore grip and redo with linseed.

projects in the near future if the economy gets better is a norinco m4.
    will change the upper to a fixed handle (c7/a1) style.

Posts liked by others
    I bought a norc the NP48 .40 cal high capacity 1911 type and after some tuning and some upgraded parts it was so sweet shooting. My only regret is that I sold it. I never regretted selling a gun more. and yes that guy in ppf is a know it all dork who sells overpriced and shoddy accessories.

Posts liked by others
    I agree with you all. I have visited the thread in the Philippine Pistol Forum and it appears the problem is in the fabricated magwell. Obviously there is a few discrepancy in the machining dimensions. I am suprised he blamed it on the frame.

My friend did this magwell for free and I don't see any problem with it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericdr_20/4137515651/

And all the mods he did to my nork;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericdr_20/4137515651/

If anything, my only comment with Norks is the weight. Mine is a bit heavier at 1400grams as compared to my brother's Taurus PT1911.

Posts liked by others
    read the posts over there. yes. there were some analysis flaws.

Nobody could confirm the norc was flawed. they were just looking at pictures. i even left my observations.

My norc is very up to spec to the original. it has been customized already....
    www.cpra.ph
    Cebu Pistol and Rifle Association
    Cebu, Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast