Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any new release in the near future coming from Colt?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Any new release in the near future coming from Colt?

Hello everyone,

A question to Hunter and other with good connection with the Colt factory.

Any news about future realeases from Colt?

Regards to all of you,

Javi
    Last edited by javichin1991; 9th October 2009 at 16:06.

Posts liked by others
    I sure would like to see the CCO model reappear (and the Python, but that's a topic for another forum )

Jim

Posts liked by others
    Before this turns into "we would like to see Colt make this" thread I would look at the new guns they have made lately. The New Agent and the Rail Gun, etc. Think what would follow that.
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    Good point, dakota. One thing I am curious to see is if Colt will make a serious attempt at the highly competitive police market with some sort of polymer framed high-cap DAO model (especially since they are going to lose their exclusive M4 carbine production to the Gov't).

Jim

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by VFRpilotJim
    Good point, dakota. One thing I am curious to see is if Colt will make a serious attempt at the highly competitive police market with some sort of polymer framed high-cap DAO model (especially since they are going to lose their exclusive M4 carbine production to the Gov't).

Jim

The M4 contract ended in June right? I heard they picked up some M249 production.

These past few years have some good New Colts out there...WW1, S70, SCG Carry, Rail Gun, NA. I know it makes me happy being a CT lifer.

You know what i wish they would do?

An S70 Model O package that is regular catalog model. How cool would that be? Everything needed, nothing you don't.

BTW, I called Colt on this and they said "S80 only for the O package." 375.00...I think that's a good price.

New NRM, MODEL O package...sell at roughly 1100.00 street. I would beat my shop's doors in getting to that for sure.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Condition1*
    The M4 contract ended in June right? I heard they picked up some M249 production.

These past few years have some good New Colts out there...WW1, S70, SCG Carry, Rail Gun, NA. I know it makes me happy being a CT lifer.

You know what i wish they would do?

An S70 Model O package that is regular catalog model. How cool would that be? Everything needed, nothing you don't.

BTW, I called Colt on this and they said "S80 only for the O package." 375.00...I think that's a good price.

New NRM, MODEL O package...sell at roughly 1100.00 street. I would beat my shop's doors in getting to that for sure.
    They have this with the Combat Elite more or less, the only thing is the two tone and the "Combat Elite" rollmark. It sells for less than your $1100.00 price also.
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity...

Posts liked by others

Colt resurrection...

I personally would like to see Colt attack the Springfield TRP!

Take the Rail Gun concept to the next level, add a magwell, V-10 or micarta grips, combat night sights with a rear cocking shoulder, and some type of black protective coating such as Black-T or the like! Maybe offer this in two versions, one with rail and one without.

Would be nice for more cops, swat and HRT types sporting Colt's over Springers!

I personally believe that american law enforcement would NOT mind slinging some American IRON!

Just my .02 cents!

Posts liked by others

P.s.

According to the 2009 Colt catalog....

written on the inside cover, or page #1....

In 2010 look for the "Colt Tactical Pistol" to be announced/released...

And of course, later in 2009, they mention a DAO New Agent and DAO Government to be released/produced...

Just wondering how much later in 2009? It is October now, right?

Anyways, food for thought.

Posts liked by others
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for you replies, the truth is that all of us have a Colt wish list.

There is a rumor out there (between the european distributors) that next year we will see 9mm Governments and Commanders (maybe in the 1991 line) that was the reason I started the thread.

The truth is that a 9mm Colt 1911 is very easy to accomplish, they just have to take a new 1991 .38 super and just change barrel and magazine. If the rumor comes true, it would be good news, unfortunately I do not think that Colt would smart enough to expand the series 70 line with new calibers like .38 super or 9mm nor a series 70 commander model (yes, I know pretty well that I should have said a pre series 80 Commander model).

Regards to all of you,

Javi

PD

Condition1*, I agree with you a series 70 with the O custom shop package as factory production item would be a great success. Anyway, you can send your new production Colt series 70 to the Custom Shop for a O Custom Shop package it doesn´t matter what the girl at phone has said. Right now I have a series 70 with the o custom shop package resting in the gunsafe.
    Last edited by javichin1991; 11th October 2009 at 15:14.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Do not mix the M4 issue with Colt Manufacturing. The M4 was/is build by the military side of Colt, our 1911s are build by an entirely different company.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast