Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Tagua Gunleather

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Tagua Gunleather

I bought a Tagua Holster for under $40 at my local gun shop and very happy with it. It seems to be good cowhide leather. It holds the gun really close to my body and it conceals well under a polo shirt un tucked. Over all, I am very satisfied with it.
    http://www.taguagunleather.com/open-...holster-2.html

Posts liked by others
    Their web site doesen't say if their holsters are lined or un lined ?

Posts liked by others
    Well, I am glad you like it. My local shop sells them very cheap. I bought one for an HK USPc at 1/2 price last year. Worst holster I ever bought. I'd never buy another, personally.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck
    Well, I am glad you like it. My local shop sells them very cheap. I bought one for an HK USPc at 1/2 price last year. Worst holster I ever bought. I'd never buy another, personally.
    why do you say the worst holster you ever bought?

Posts liked by others
    I'm still trying to figure out how their inside the waist holsters can actually fit there...

http://www.taguagunleather.com/insid...lster-35.html#
    John Harrison Springfield Lightweight Gov't
    1991 Colt Commander Stainless
    Colt New Agent
    Various assortment of Ruger single action and Smith double action revolvers, and a Glock 19

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerdown
    I'm still trying to figure out how their inside the waist holsters can actually fit there...

http://www.taguagunleather.com/insid...lster-35.html#
    It is inside the waist, not inside the pants. I know they should make more clear.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by junior-colt
    why do you say the worst holster you ever bought?

It was a belt holster - and the top edge of the thumb strap was shaped weird - it stuck me in my side - right up into the edge of where my ribs were. I tried to adjust it, but it wouldn't change.

Worst holster I ever bought.

Posts liked by others
    I've got a couple, because I couldn't find a name brand leather holster to fit the specific pistols:

S&W Mod 60 3" barrel; found one pancake holster of this brand marked 2 1/4" that would fit. Another marked 2 1/2" was shorter. In this instance; poor QC was a good thing.

S&W M&P9 4 1/4" barrel; found one pancake holster made for a glock 17 or 21 (can't remember which) that fit the M&P very well. I'd tried other brands for glocks previously, and none would fit.

I also bought an IWB in this brand for a 5" 1911. It fit the pistol well, but after using; it was apparent that the clip was just painted mild, not spring, steel. When removed the clip stayed spread, instead of springing back to it's original, closed position.

My Brommelland and Galco holsters are of obviously much higher quality.

Take care,

Rick
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 15th September 2009 at 12:21.