Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squeaking Holster

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Squeaking Holster

I have one leather holster that sounds more like an old saddle than a holster.

Suggestions for a "cure"?

Posts liked by others
    Type of holster, OWB, IWB etc. Also do you know what portion of the holster is causing the squeaking.

Rich
    Certified NRA Instructor Pistol & Shotgun
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    "There Is No Greater High Than Defeating Armed Felons" Rich-D

Posts liked by others
    Isolate the spot and hit with a minimal amount of beeswax.
    Guns kill people the same way spoons make you fat.

Posts liked by others
    If you wear a leather belt, consider that the squeek is coming from the leather holster moving against the leather belt. +1 for Ping Ping's suggestion.

Posts liked by others
    Yep, some bees wax (Sno-Seal is bees wax) or CRC food grade silicone spray. I have good results with both. Food grade silicon is colorless, odorless, heat stable, nonstaining and has no solvents, so it is perfect for leather.

Posts liked by others
    Okay, thanks.

It is a Dillon OWB and I figure it is "probably" the area contacting the belt.

I'll get some beeswax and give it a go.

Thanks again.

Posts liked by others
    Kydex is the only cure.

Posts liked by others
    I fixed my squeaking with Hyde Glyde that I purchased from C. Rusty Sherrick Custom Leather Works. It solved the problem.

Posts liked by others
    I thought my Summer Special was squeaking, but it turned out to be my knee joints.
    Go ahead and retire: now who's watching your back?

Posts liked by others
    I've had good luck with baby powder on a Versa Max 2 that had a squeaky seam or two (worked in with an old tooth brush, silenced it immediately). But that doesn't really apply to your situation from the sound of it. Just for others information if they've got a similar issue.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast