Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PT 1911 - 9mm

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I always wanted one of the 9mm Imbel 1911s like Brazil issued to its military.
    The Pistola 9mm Modelo 1973 – Pst 9 M973

It was licensed from Colt. Unfortunately, due to the SA contracts I don't think the Imbel 1911s were ever officially imported.

I haven't seen any Taurus 9mm pistols in places I have been in New Mexico and Arizona. Maybe with Houston being a huge port they may come in that way and spread out.
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    You mean this one?

I think they're still making it, but they can't sell it to the US, like you said. Here's a link, sorry, no English version...
    http://www.imbel.gov.br/site/index.p...=55&Itemid=116
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Nice. Maybe SA could put their logo on it and sell it as the Brazilian Army Model or something. When Taurus gets theirs on the market it will have all the fancy stuff on it. The Imbel is sort of "pure" in a way.
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    Dakotas right, fourth largest port in the world(money wise that is).And the answer is No. Why wait for a 9mil,just buy a Super,that's what my mom did. It's a better round,`Course no one can actually afford the ammo to shoot the darn thing.......but why let a little thing like that stop you? If there had been a 9mil Taurus within a one hundred mile radius of Houston,we would have found it,and she would have bought it!!!! We spent weeks scouring the local gun stores and every gun show. And for those of you who don't know......there are at least 10 gun shows per week in various city's in Texas. And if you want to know what Houston gun shops are like,just go to www.CollectorsFirearms.com.

Posts liked by others
    Saw one at the SHOT show. If I recall, it is going to be out mid 2010.
    Les Baer Concept V, Clark Custom Meltdown Springfield, S&W 1911PD

Posts liked by others
    wish Taurus would hurry up with the 9mm 1911 and a commander as well !!!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by geneinnc
    I'm seeing a few of the 9mm's around. Sure wish I knew someone that had tried one. I can't get a "hands own" review of their 1911's. For some reason NC has not warmed up to the Taurus 1911. My Texas friends love them.

Welcome to hear from anyone that has owned a Taurus 1911 and how it's doing after heavy usage.

thanks

Gene
    There's definitely some high round-count guys on this forum. Maybe they'lll chime in. If you get a "good one", looks like your safe.

Most problems reported here are with the ambi safety. A couple locked up when the "lawyer lock" failed. A broken slide release or two, and I remember a broken barell bushing.

Remember, people always report problems and look for places to vent. Some of these folks show up, make a few posts, and you never hear from them again.

I posted a Taurus survey a year or so ago, and the majority of folks reported no problems. I don't know if it's still out there.

I hit around 1200-1300 rounds (no, that's not a high count) before I started changing anything serious (sear, hammer, disconnector). Nothing broke, I just don't like MIM parts.

Probably have another 300 rounds through it after the mods.

BTW - I love my SA 9mm 1911 Loaded. It's almost like shooting a .22, even with +P stuff
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

Posts liked by others
    They make a .380 version also.. mag capacity of 19.

http://www.imbel.gov.br/site/index.p...=54&Itemid=116
    Last edited by tony315; 9th February 2010 at 06:02.

Posts liked by others
    I know at least one M1911.ORG member who would like to have an IMBEL 1911 in .380 Auto, although not the hi-cap version...

I assume that IMBEL can't export its wares to the US, due to its trade agreements with Springfield Armory. I don't see why SA doesn't try importing a batch of one or two of IMBEL's other offerings though, with its own markings.

I have no knowledge of what the process of importing a new pistol model to the US is, though.

Posts liked by others
    I would definitely be interested in a 9mm version. The reason being is that 9mm is cheaper than .45, and more readily available right now in my area.
    1911-What more could you want?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast