Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt recall

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Colt recall

http://www.coltsmfg.com/recall.aspx

Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC has determined that the Slide Lock Safety and the Recoil Spring Guide Pad in certain Colt model pistols were not manufactured to Colt specifications and must be replaced. All of these Colt models were sold after March 2007 and the range of serial numbers affected by this product recall is as follows:

June 29, 2009
    IMPORTANT PRODUCT RECALL NOTICE

Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC has determined that the Slide Lock Safety (“Safety”) and/or the Recoil Spring Guide Pad (“Guide Pad”) in certain Colt model pistols were not manufactured to Colt specifications and must be replaced. All of these Colt models were sold after March 2007 and the range of serial numbers affected by this product recall is as follows:

1911 WWI REPLICA (O1911) 4597WMK to 5414WMK X
    1918 WWI REPLICA (O1918) 1001WWI to 3431WWI X
    COMBAT ELITE (O8011XSE) CG10000E to CG11293E X
    NEW AGENT (O7810D) GT01001 to GT04505 X X
    DEFENDER (O7000D) DR33036 to DR35948 X
    TALO NIGHT DEFENDER (O7000NDF) NDF0001 to NDF0400 X

(One X in the above lines means that the safety has to be replaced, two XXs means the guide rod needs to be replaced too)

If you own one of these Colt models with a serial number listed above, please STOP USING YOUR FIREARM AT ONCE. Then, follow in the link above, to let Colt take care of your firearm.
    Reason: Merged posts: 680468, 680469

Posts liked by others
    CRUD! I have 2 on the list!!!
    "I ride a GS scooter with my hair cut neat"
    Mr. Townshend

Posts liked by others
    Dang, I have 2 also.

Posts liked by others
    I got a call from Rich at Colt today telling me about this.
    It would seem the raw material was not up to Colt specs. Hopefully they will get this squared away without much of a problem.

Posts liked by others
    See. All those people that say Colt does not pay attention to QC are wrong.
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    I have an O1911, but my serial number is significantly lower than the ones on the list. That thumb safety recall is going to be expensive. The parts not so much, but the FedEx of all those pistols will run into some real money.
    'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~Thomas Jefferson
    "We are the sheep dogs that protect the sheep and the sheep are afraid of the tools we use to fend off the wolves"..... Dave
    NRA Life Member

Rio Vista Slim Guest

Drats!

My New Agent's serial number falls within the range, so I'm waiting for my package from Colt, in order to send my pistol in.

Posts liked by others
    Darn!

Just got my new grips and grip safety installed. Was lookin' forward to going out and shooting it tomorrow.

I do have a question in regards to this. Does anyone think Colt will give me grief for having the Grip Safety changed to a Wilson Combat? Or should I swap it and put the original back in it?

Thanks,
    Lunk
    Dan
    Last edited by Lunk; 29th June 2009 at 17:45.

Posts liked by others
    Spoke to Colt several weeks ago looking for a replacement recoil spring for my defender. Guess We now know why they did not have any available. Lucky for me they will just send out the replacement part.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk
    Darn!

Just got my new grips and grip safety installed. Was lookin' forward to going out and shooting it tomorrow.

I do have a question in regards to this. Does anyone think Colt will give me grief for having the Grip Safety changed to a Wilson Combat? Or should I swap it and put the original back in it?

Thanks,
    Lunk
    Dan
    I'd change it back.
    'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~Thomas Jefferson
    "We are the sheep dogs that protect the sheep and the sheep are afraid of the tools we use to fend off the wolves"..... Dave
    NRA Life Member
    Likes (1) :
    dogngun (4th September 2017)

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast