Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a Rail Gun yet?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Anyone have a Rail Gun yet?

I was just wondering if any members have gotten their hands on a Colt Rail Gun (model 01070RG) yet?. I tend to favor "traditional" looking 1911's, with spur hammers and narrow vertical cocking serrations, but I just can't stop looking at the picture of this new model in the catalog. I think I just might HAVE to have one and thought I'd see if anyone has any firsthand experience with it.

Jim

Posts liked by others
    I have not seen one down here in the SW or know of anyone who has seen one. I just hope Colt does not do a Taurses thing. Announce and you will have it in a year.
    NRA Life Member
    Last edited by dakota1911; 12th June 2009 at 14:10.

Posts liked by others
    So they actualy went ahead with the name......."rail gun",......huh?
    I thought that was just a sad rumor, well at least they made one, better late than never I guess,.....
    Maybe in another decade we'll see a special ramped barrel or double stack after they have become standard equipment with everyone else,...LOL
    Foxhole religion,...so easy an athiest can do it.

Posts liked by others
    Who needs a ramped barrel? I could see a double stack pistol, but I wouldn't hold my breath on Colt ever making one of those.
    'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~Thomas Jefferson
    "We are the sheep dogs that protect the sheep and the sheep are afraid of the tools we use to fend off the wolves"..... Dave
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    Just joking, my Colts are all "G.I." speck, no bells n' whistles at all, never had em',..never will,....LOL.
    Foxhole religion,...so easy an athiest can do it.

Posts liked by others
    I guess that means no.

Posts liked by others
    There were a couple at the local gun show here in Dallas this weekend. Frankly, the rail gun doesn't impress me. Just nothing I'd be interested in on a Colt 1911, so ya'll have at 'em.
    Creighton

Posts liked by others
    I saw one at the Murrieta CA. Police Department last week. Very good fit and finish. If you like lights on guns, it's a well made piece...Robert

Posts liked by others
    They have been showing up for sale on Gunbroker.com the last few weeks. Pictues look like XSE & with similar price but with a rail. I think I'll get one.

Posts liked by others
    Finally saw one. If you need the rail then they look O.K. and definitely based on the XSE. I have a rail gun. Not a Colt, and not even a 1911, but have a rail on an auto and never use it. That is why I say if you need or want one for the rail then a good buy.
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast