Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airsoft for Reality Based Force on Force Training?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    history of airsoft is that it was invented in China. The japanese developed it to make them what they are today from a company called ASGK. Now, the chinese are copying what the japanese developed which they themselves invented in the first place. I lived and breathed airsoft for 8 yrs both here and Philippines. Back 15 years ago, we used freon 12 to propel bbs that went 650 fps and those things pierced holes in your clothing since our bb weight back then were .30 grams. standard is just .20 grams. That hole on the ozone layer, Im sure we're mostly responsible for it for letting freon 12 out of the atmosphere
    if it dont start with a 4, dont go to war. come get some

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the info guys. I've found some of the KWA G19s on Airsplat's webpage that I'll start with for general training purposes. I've also heard of some people building custom guns to the specifications their after. I'll continue to research that possibility for a officer model.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot
    Thanks for the info guys. I've found some of the KWA G19s on Airsplat's webpage that I'll start with for general training purposes. I've also heard of some people building custom guns to the specifications their after. I'll continue to research that possibility for a officer model.
    If you find either a Commander or an Officers, please (PULEEEEEZE!) let me know. Preferably with either "Colt" on the slide or nothing ("naked slide"), but if I have to take a Kimber rollmark, I'll take it.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Will do Hawkmoon.

Posts liked by others
    airsoft extreme is down the street from me hawkmoon. I know the owner and he will put a gun together upon request. need me to make arrangements for you? he specializes in 1911s. He was the one who built my STI
    if it dont start with a 4, dont go to war. come get some

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    If you find either a Commander or an Officers, please (PULEEEEEZE!) let me know. Preferably with either "Colt" on the slide or nothing ("naked slide"), but if I have to take a Kimber rollmark, I'll take it.
    Um, Hawk, I think that making a custom airsoft Commander may already be possible.

TM makes a double-stack STI-like "commander", which it calls the "4.3", as opposed to "5.1" for the full-size. I'm assuming you don't like it, but consider this: TM's mechanisms for the single-stack 1911 and the double stack Hi-Capa are identical. How do I know?

This is a custom 1911 from Elite, in the UK. The top is an aftermarket slide, intended for the Hi-Capa. So, it seems to me that mating an aftermarket alloy slide, intended for the 4.3, on a full-size 1911 single-stack frame, would make a nice commander. Trimming back the dustcover should be all that's necessary for the right look, unlike what would apply for making a real commander frame out of a GI one.

The only fly in the ointment that I can see is that it would have a bull barrel...
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12