Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: $89 Sarco slide

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

$89 Sarco slide

I saw the advert for the $89 Sarco slide and thought I'd bite, after all it has "Hienie" style sights (a $20 value!) installed. I got the slide and it looked good, nice polish and blue. However....the slide face was improperly machined so case wouldn't feed, the extracotr sticks out at least .070" and the reciever slide rails stick out .060" as the rear of the slide is more of a C than a /, and the slide release cut is very small and tight.

Posts liked by others

Sarco

I feel yer pain, lad. For another 30 bucks or so, you coulda had an Essex slide
    that works.

The extractor is supposed to stick out like that. Remove the extractor and measure the breechface guides on the underside of the port. They'll be two narrow parallel rails that intersect the extractor on one side. That width should be .484-.488 for good feed reliability. Fixable with a flat, swiss pattern file with safe edges. Cut the rails only...not the breechface. Adding a slight bevel at the leading edges of the rails will also help smooth feeding a bit.

Your feeding problem may be a magazine or extractor tension issue, and no
    fault of the slide's.

Posts liked by others
    The extractor sticks out the rear of the slide conciderably farther than it does on any of the military slides or the Kimber, so it should not be sticking out the rear of the slide as far as it does. I can live with a little nub on the rear of the slide due to manufacturing tolerences, but this is conciderably farther than a slight uneveness. The breech face was recut (WECSOGed) and works OK now, so it was the slide, and not magazines or the extractor, which I checked first. As you say, for a few dollars more (now that would make a great title for a movie!) I could have bought a name brand slide instead of a Sarco no name. Goes to prove there is one born every minute.