Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: REMSPORT 1911 frame

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

REMSPORT 1911 frame

I built my 1911 on a remsport frame, I love the pistol but who is remsport? I heard they make frames for a couple of companies like caspian but I don't know the facts. Anyone?

Posts liked by others
    Did you get the frame from Gun Parts Corp.?

Ken

Posts liked by others
    Caspian Arms LTD & Foster Industries do not buy their frames from any other manufacturers.

Our slides and receivers are FULLY machined in our Vermont facility.

ON US MATERIAL
    Last edited by Casmaster; 24th April 2009 at 13:16. Reason: adding

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Casmaster
    Caspian Arms LTD & Foster Industries do not buy their frames from any other manufacturers.

ON US MATERIAL
    Machined yes, but the castings are from Ruger's Pine Tree Castings, no?
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Casmaster
    But do you produce the raw frame castings and the raw slide forgings from which your finished products are machined? If not, then you buy them from other manufacturers -- albeit in an unfinished state.

Don't misunderstand: I'm a satisfied Caspian customer and will be again. I have no problems with the company or its products. But, on this forum, any statement you make has to be accurate or its not allowed. Please clarify your initial remarks.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Remsport is a machining shop in MA. I believe that their raw frames are imported from Korea and are machined in their shop.

As always treat the above with some doubt, my memory cells are only working at about 50% of their strength at this time of the day.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 26th April 2009 at 03:33.

Posts liked by others
    Caspian Arms & Foster Industries OWNS both Cast tooling and Forge Tooling. This means it is Caspian’s exclusive tooling, that they designed & own, Nobody else is allowed to use it. With this said, Yes, they do SUB CONTRACT the actual forging and casting processes to other American companies, but they are using our proprietary material and tooling.

My first statement was “Caspian & Foster do not buy their frames from other manufacturers.”

Caspian purchases the RAW material made to our specifications and supplied from our tooling from a Sub Contractor.

My second statement was “Our slides and receivers are FULLY machined in our Vermont facility.”

The RAW material, is completely machined on our proprietary tooling, fixtures, and gauges, in our Vermont facility.

Caspian Arms understands how others are tempted to access foreign materials to bring down prices. Many governments subsidize their heavy industry and workers earn less and have fewer benefits putting US manufacturers at a disadvantage. Caspian Arms & Foster Industries feels obligated to buy American. Caspian feels by working with American foundries, they can insure quality (We can always get in the car and visit our contractors) while aiding the US economy.

Posts liked by others
    Okay, to put this in perspective and to remove any lingering misunderstandings, I just got off the phone with the good folks at Caspian Arms. When Casmaster writes that their frames and slides are made from their raw materials, he is saying that Caspian themselves buys the material, which is then sent to their subcontractor for either forging or casting. Then the unfinished slide forging or frame casting comes back to Caspian's shop to be machined.

My understanding is that Casmaster's use of the term "proprietary material" doesn't mean that it's a super-secret alloy developed by and for Caspian Arms, he means that Caspian owns the material before it gets cast or forged. That means that Caspian Arms is in control of what material goes into their slides and frames.

With that out of the way -- this is supposed to be a discussion of Remsport. I respectfully request that we not drift off into any further discussions of Caspian Arms in this thread. Let's get back to the original topic.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Not that I know all about the different contractors, the only time that I have seen the name Remsport was on the Gun Parts Corp website. They had frames and slides and implied that Remsport was a major supplier of said parts.
    Me I dunno!
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"
    "It seems to me that I have forgotten more than I remember"

Posts liked by others

remsport frames

Here is some info on remsport i found ,i also put a call in to the contact at the bottom he was very helpful.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbullet...ad.php?t=58432