Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How about big dogs?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

How about big dogs?

Mostly big dogs, anyway.....

Here's Zeus, our rat-sized spare dog:

This is one of the yearling Great Dane pups, Monster. His head is bigger than mine....

The other pup, Monster's sister Ostara. She looks contrite because she's not supposed to be on the bed, and knows it. She didn't take it upon herself to get down, of course.

This is our Quality Pre-Owned Great Dane, Sadie. We rescued her from the shelter on the day she was supposed to be euthanized. She only LOOKS crazy. She's sideways here because I couldn't figure out how to rotate the picture.

The picture of Tonka didn't survive the trip from photobucket, so I'll just go back and find it.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."- Ronald Wilson Reagan

"Mmmmm.....tasty burglar......"- Tonka the Large Dog
    Last edited by tonka; 21st April 2009 at 22:54.

Posts liked by others

My avatar beast.....

165 pounds of full-tilt mutt.

We're especially proud of Tonka. He recently graduated his required courses to become a Therapy Dog. Amy (my sweetheart, the lady he's sharing the loveseat with) will be taking him to hospitals, Hospice of the Valley and similar places so he can bring a big smile to folks who may be in kinda bleak circumstances. I'm super-proud of both of them, really.

Myself and Gringo, my generally faithful steed. Not a dog, but big and smelly enough for an Honorable Mention.

Last edited by tonka; 21st April 2009 at 22:53.

Posts liked by others
    Great pictures tonka.
    I sure do love animals.

Me on my friends horse Wiley

Leroy the cat (he is a big cat)

Posts liked by others
    And I thought you were talking about the Big Dog....

http://schryvergunsales.com/Big%20Dog.htm

Posts liked by others
    I never could really afford a proper horse, but those fences need to be checked in the wintertime, too, and thanks to Bessy I can get to places where even the four wheeler can't go.

DD

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Why you guys had to bring up this subject now?

This is Wolf, our mongrel dog we found two years ago as a puppy, under our truck outside a tavern.

We adopted him at that time and he has been growing up together with our kids.

Unfortunately, this dog had the tendency to go out of the yard, to roam the streets. He was known in the neighborhood and loved by every one. He was always around the house though, and always coming back after a few hours.

Last Monday evening, some guests came to our house, and I had forgotten to tell them to ring the outside bell so that I could hold the dog for them to come in. They opened the gate to come in (they knew the dog wouldn't hurt them) but the crazy dog pushed them to the side and out he went. He hasn't returned since that night.

Needless to say how sorry we all are for his absence. We all miss him, especially the kids.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 22nd April 2009 at 15:31.

Posts liked by others
    Man, that's got to be tough on the boys. It seems you never realize just how connected you are to an animal until something like that happens. Maybe if you put up some signs around the neighborhood?
    Anyway, I hope he comes back for you.
    DD

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Thanks DD, yes it is tough for the kids, it was their buddy.

If he was around the neighborhood, we would know, we would have seen him or other people who know him would have seen him. He was well-known.

I am afraid that he either fell in love with some girl dog and followed her to far away from home to know how to come back, or that he was hit by a car or something. He never left for more than a few hours.

I hope he gets back too, I know the boys will go crazy if they see him again.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 22nd April 2009 at 16:34.

Posts liked by others
    Gee, the last time I was asleep under a truck outside a saloon the only one who showed any interest in me was a deputy sheriff.
    That's rough, John, so sorry to hear it. Don't give up hope yet- we had one that'd come after a few days, hungry, thirsty, with some new scars; he'd sleep for a day or two and be fine for weeks, then, well, you know, the Call of the Wild would snag him again....my prayers are inbound, Commandante!
    Dogs and boys are good for one another. Dogs teach boys loyalty, bravery, and to turn around three times before laying down.

Posts liked by others
    You need one of those steed/rider interface devices, DD-

Some call it a saddle.

Hunter, that is one big ol' cat, if the floor vent is any indicator of scale. I can't imagine riding Gringo with just a halter; I guess I'd know in a hurry whether I'm a rider or not! Gringo isn't just fast, he's SUDDEN, and doesn't need much prompting to open up the throttle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast