Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

View Poll Results: Who is M1911.ORG's Member of the Year 2009?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • dogdollar

6 16.22%
  • Frank

4 10.81%
  • Gordon Jr.

1 2.70%
  • Hunter

7 18.92%
  • Longslide

1 2.70%
  • MoneyTree

3 8.11%
  • niemi24s

5 13.51%
  • OD*

1 2.70%
  • Pappy

0 0%
  • Ping Ping

1 2.70%
  • Rich-D

6 16.22%
  • Tom

2 5.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vote Now for M1911.ORG's 2009 Member of the Year

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Icon17 Vote Now for M1911.ORG's 2009 Member of the Year

The nominations are in, the list is compiled, and now here's your chance to vote for whom you think should be our Forum's Member of the Year for 2009.

The poll will be open for the next two weeks, closing at midnight, 17 February, 2009 Eastern Standard Time. At that time, the winner will be announced.

So good luck to all our nominees!
    "I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and ... I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot
    Tom - Resident Computer Geek
    Have a computer or Forum question? Visit our very own M1911.ORG Help Desk and ask!

Posts liked by others

Confused

I thought this poll was to close at midnight tonight. How come it has been closed early??

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD
    I thought this poll was to close at midnight tonight. How come it has been closed early??
    It's only 1850hrs cst can't vote.

Posts liked by others
    More likely an error counting, or in other words the person setting up the poll not counting the same as the software. There's no option to set a closing date. When creating a poll, the system asks how many days you want the poll to run. You have to figure out if "today" counts or not. If you guess wrong ... you're off by a day on the ending date.

Just goes to show that those old-time politicians from the jokes had it right from the start: "Vote early, and vote often."
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 17th February 2009 at 18:54.

Posts liked by others
    Congrats again Hunter.
    Only the strong.. in a world so cold

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    More likely an error counting, or in other words the person setting up the poll not counting the same as the software. There's no option to set a closing date. When creating a poll, the system asks how many days you want the poll to run. You have to figure out if "today" counts or not. If you guess wrong ... you're off by a day on the ending date.

Just goes to show that those old-time politicians from the jokes had it right from the start: "Vote early, and vote often."
    The moderator poll ran for 19 days, from Jan 21 through Feb 9. The poll was scheduled to close at midnight, people should have been able to vote up to midnight!
    The Pet Lover's Forum Pets-R-Great.org
    "When God created man, She was only kidding"

Posts liked by others
    It looks like a clean sweep by Hunter ! Congratulations again Hunter , you deserve this award as well !
    Focus on the positive while dealing positively with the negative.
    Hawkmoon - 19th August 2008

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRobin
    The poll was scheduled to close at midnight, people should have been able to vote up to midnight!
    But midnight when? Athens? New York? Honolulu? Sydney?

The Forum doesn't ask what time zone to set when you enter an expiration date. It just assumes the time zone of the poster - in this case, me.

Near as I know, there's no way to "fix" this issue. But perhaps John can speak to this.
    "I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and ... I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot
    Tom - Resident Computer Geek
    Have a computer or Forum question? Visit our very own M1911.ORG Help Desk and ask!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    But midnight when? Athens? New York? Honolulu? Sydney?

The Forum doesn't ask what time zone to set when you enter an expiration date. It just assumes the time zone of the poster - in this case, me.

Near as I know, there's no way to "fix" this issue. But perhaps John can speak to this.
    Eastern Standard Time which we are both in show posts at 17:55 and 18:52 saying the poll was closed. But no big deal. Hunter is a credit to the organization and the official winner. I love to read his magazine articles and enjoy them all. This is a fine forum. I don't post much but I do read often.
    The Pet Lover's Forum Pets-R-Great.org
    "When God created man, She was only kidding"

Posts liked by others
    Congratulations, Hunter.
    Certainly it must have occurred to you by now that we all appreciate the time you take out from your personal life to commit to this forum.
    Very best regards,
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast