Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: citadel 1911 ?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I have the Taurus. I have the RIA CS Tactical. I carry the RIA for one reason: You can trust your life to it. It also happens to be more comfortable to carry on a daily basis. The quality is there period. Both guns are amazing, however, the finish on my Rock is far superior to what came on my Taurus. The triggers on both are great as well as the slide/frame fit. You would be safe on either gun. To me they are both worth owning. The only thing is Taurus DOES NOT make a compact version. Advantage:RIA......

Posts liked by others
    I've owned 2 Taurus 1911's and 3 Taurus revolvers. Nothing but problems. they replaced one revolver after about 8 weeks, but it had the same problem and I sold it "as-is" after full disclosure-- NEVER AGAIN.
    A poor worker always blames his tool----(my Dad)

Posts liked by others
    Never had a bad Taurus...had bad Colt's but no bad Taurus...bad ones for every brand, just part of the game I guess.

Posts liked by others
    I've had my Rock for close to 3 years now and even though it bobbles on me once in a while, I still trust it to carry. I paid $325 for this GI model. I've added different grips and different sights and plan to add a beavertail grip safety, but with good loads, I have few problems. I do know it doesn't like semi-wadcutters though. The parkerized finish is tough as nails. Daily carry for a year and just a touch of wear at the muzzle. I won't complain.
    Leonard

Posts liked by others
    I am thinking of picking up this Citadel. They have one at the local gun shop that says Citadel right on the slide. 3.5" barrel for 489.00 brand new. I have never owned a RIA. Looking for a smaller carry 1911. Is this considered the Officer model? Not sure on the grip size but for that price i thought why not. It will be nice to have till my other 1911 from springfield comes in (full size)

Bill

Posts liked by others
    The Citadel is a gun shop in Las Vegas. They custom ordered a number of guns from RIA with a custom serial number, and you have one there. In any case the price is excellent---the closest I can find(and I'm looking for one) is prices at Gunbroker for
    $639.00

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=123123156

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=123235203
    A poor worker always blames his tool----(my Dad)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by coltaholic
    The Citadel is a gun shop in Las Vegas. They custom ordered a number of guns from RIA with a custom serial number, and you have one there. In any case the price is excellent---the closest I can find(and I'm looking for one) is prices at Gunbroker for
    $639.00

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=123123156

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=123235203

So exact same as the RIA just with CITADEL on it....so it isnt the same firearm they are talking about above?

Posts liked by others
    My son picked up a new Citadel yesterday. We took it to the range today and it shot very well. I like the looks and feel of it.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by poundemin
    I've had my Rock for close to 3 years now and even though it bobbles on me once in a while, I still trust it to carry. I paid $325 for this GI model. I've added different grips and different sights and plan to add a beavertail grip safety, but with good loads, I have few problems. I do know it doesn't like semi-wadcutters though. The parkerized finish is tough as nails. Daily carry for a year and just a touch of wear at the muzzle. I won't complain.
    Leonard

Take your RIA to a good smith and ask him to polish the feed ramp. When he does that it will feed the SWC bullets fine. You will probably notice that the SWC is a tad bit more accurate than other loads. I did it to my RIA CS Compact and I can shoot a 2 inch group at 15 yrds and it only has a 3.5 inch barrell. Thats prettty good for such a short shooter.

Posts liked by others
    I want to replace the fixed rear sight with an adjustable rear sight. Does anyone know what type of dove-tail cut they use for the rear sight on the Citadel? From what I understand there are a couple, Bomar cut etc. I need to know what style of sight to order.

Thanks,

sid

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast