Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: citadel 1911 ?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

citadel 1911 ?

Any one have any info on citadel 1911's made for Howa I think. I have a friend who recently picked one up at a gun show for $529 and was told they were made by armscor. The dealer told him they were a higher end ria but I kinda find that hard to believe. I searched the web and couldn't find much info on them. If I was him I would of got the ria tactical and saved some change. Any one know of any truth to the dealers clame?

Posts liked by others
    I did a quick sear and found a little hearsay info and also a pic at an online retailer. Seems to be made by armscor. It looks identical to my Charles Daly EFS. CD stopped importing from armscor and in now linked with BUL in Israel. Armscor must have found a new buyer/importer for this model. Think of it as a RIA tac model with a different trigger(better looking in my opinion) and nice angled cocking serations front and back. Bluing on mine isn't all that durable though.

Posts liked by others
    i wonder if parts would interchange
    IS IT CHEATING IF YOU SHOOT BOTH PIEGONS AT THE SAME TIME

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1911
    I did a quick sear and found a little hearsay info and also a pic at an online retailer. Seems to be made by armscor. It looks identical to my Charles Daly EFS. CD stopped importing from armscor and in now linked with BUL in Israel. Armscor must have found a new buyer/importer for this model. Think of it as a RIA tac model with a different trigger(better looking in my opinion) and nice angled cocking serations front and back. Bluing on mine isn't all that durable though.

Ryan has hit it on the head. The new Citadel's are imported by Legacy Int. and they are the same as the Charles Daly's when thye were with Armscor.

Charles Daly is now associated with Bul in Isreal, who will be making the new G4 as well as the polymer framed M5 1911's, and quite possibly, a few other "undisclosed" pistols. (Hi-Power????)
    Proud NRA Member
    Protect your rights, join the NRA today.
    http://www.nra.org

Posts liked by others
    I have heard the same thing on another 1911 forum. I would rather have a RIA IMHO. Same gun, same manufacturer, lower price. Grab a RIA Tac.
    COTEP
    Dan Wesson PM7, Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm, RIA Match 1911 .45, RIA Matte Nickel tactical .45, RIA Parkerized Tactical .45, RIA Parkerized Tactical 9mm, RIA CS GI .45, RIA FS GI .45, RIA Hi Cap .45, XDM 9mm, XDM .45, CZ-SP01 Phantom, Kimber Ultra Carry II .45

Posts liked by others
    There is a thread on this now, go to the forum jump go to the other M1911s you will find it there the price seems high to me.

Posts liked by others

Link To The "other m1911s"

Here is some information on the Citadel and some information from Ivan at Armscor:

http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=64059

Posts liked by others
    Also I forgot to mention here is the Citadel at Buds for $511.00
    I am in no way connected to Buds Gunshop, Just passing along information. I am seriously considering buying one and sending it to Steve, forget his m1911.org screen name (Rio Vista Slim I think), ( a MOD On here) but anyway, he has done several good, non biased reviews of different Armscor pistols.
    Last edited by Pac757; 19th February 2009 at 19:37.

Posts liked by others
    Well like someone above said...go with the RIA CS Tac...I own it and it is a [heck] of a pistol. It cost me a whopping $450 through Bellshire on gunbroker. Cant beat it! The Parkerized finish is super tough.

Posts liked by others
    I know prices are going up these days. I got my Charles Daly labeled version for 465 about 6 months ago. Not cheap for an Armscor, but reasonable. Don't take this the wrong way, but I wouldn't personaly buy one over the high 400s. When I get to the mid 500 range I look and see I can get the basic Taurus with forged frame and all the bells and whistles for 599 or even a bit less.

Now don't get me wrong, I realy like the armscore guns, but it's because they are the best value around for the quality. When I compare my Armscore to a taurus I find the Taurus to be a tighter more fitted feeling gun, but I can get 2 GREAT shooting, basic Armscore GI's for the average price of the Taurus. When the price gets too high the value deminishes.

Loving my Armscore gun by the way, incase I made it sound otherwise.
    Last edited by Ryan1911; 20th February 2009 at 01:36.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast