Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Victory Arms?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    msc-not-active Guest

Victory Arms?

Any body know the scoop? They have a website and it says the products will be ready "Spring 2009." I sent them an email a few days ago and no response. They don't list a phone number. I'm really interested in the Defense Pro model...looks like the Detronics and it seems at least one Detronics guy now work there. Just curious.

Posts liked by others
    I can't help but think that it is the Detonics under a new Brand probably for some legal or somesuch issue. Just my speculation.

And there doen't seem to be a Detonics web site.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"
    "It seems to me that I have forgotten more than I remember"
    Last edited by kenhwind; 17th May 2009 at 15:35.

Posts liked by others
    Detonics is under new ownership, but have produced nothing yet.
    http://detonics.ws/
    I think Victory will be closer to Detonics in quality though, since they have Detonics main gunsmith from the Seattle days.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenhwind
    I can't help but think that it is the Detonics under a new Brand probably for some legal or somesuch issue. Just my speculation.

And there doen't seem to be a Detonics web site.

Posts liked by others
    Ok I did try to find a Detonics site.
    I think Victory Arms has the heart and soul of Detonics, and Detonics only has the name.
    Just some more speculating on my part.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"
    "It seems to me that I have forgotten more than I remember"

msc-not-active Guest

I dunno...both companies seem to be "in the works" and not actually producing anything yet, nor responding to inquiries. Guess time will tell.

Posts liked by others
    Just visited the Victory Arms website. They have some very nice looking pistols. I liked the Defense and the Liberty.

Sent them an e-mail asking about an ambi-safety and turn around time. I let you know how/if they respond.

I like the idea of a compact and a commander size built the same from the same manufacturer. Should make it easy to switch from one to the other for CC.

I am open to any other suggestions on such a 1911 combo.

HawkeyeSAS

Posts liked by others
    The Detonics group---original Detonics in Seattle and new (now former) Detonics in Georgia--- has split into Victory Arms in Greensboro, NC and Detonics USA in Illinois. In 2007 all of Detonics and its predecessors was purchased by Bruce Siddle and at some point moved to Illinois. Some of the Georgia group (previously headed by Jerry Ahern) went to the Illinois company. I just received an e-mail from there from Jon Grossman, whose name was penciled on the owner's manual of a 9 11 01 Georiga manufacture 1911 I purchased in June. The Victory group has Chuck McGough, Head Gunsmith, who was with the Seattle firm, and Peter Dunn who was head gunsmith at the Georgia firm and apparently designed the 9 11 01 that fired 31,000 consecutive rounds, shot from a canon, etc. The Victory models look more like the Georgia pistols. Some of the models (the Classics) in the Illinois catalog resemble the Georgia guns in some aspects and they have a new "ergonomic" pistol coming out. I have not seen any from either firm for sale as yet. I was in Greensboro yesterday but did not have time to call or stop by an address since their web site lists only a PO Box number. A july 1 posting by their president says their intent to start production last spring was delayed but should start soon. My 9 11 01, apparenlty one of the first 300 - 400 produced, is fantastic, althoug used it had apparently been fired very little and was a bargain at less than $700, although Concealedcarry.com site advertises new ones at $699 (plus shipping + transfer fee). I can't wait to see either company's new offerings, although I can't afford any of them.

Posts liked by others
    I went to the Victory Arms website - www.victoryarms.com - and they have some nice looking pistols. I made an inquiry and Chuck said that they hoped to be shipping pistols in the 4th quarter of this year.

Check them out

HawkeyeSAS

Posts liked by others
    Sounds good. As with all good North Carolina firms (textiles, tobacco, now wine) I hope they have an "outlet" store on site with 35-50% off deals...that would be great....

Posts liked by others
    I've seen some pics of a Colt modded by Victory, probably just to keep people interested until they start manufacturing something. The gun looked nice, and maybe is an indication that their custom shop is (will be) up to snuff.
    "A grip safety is just another excess moving part. I have never known one to prevent an accident, and moreover, it is difficult to postulate a circumstance in which it might." Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast