Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trust your life to an American Classic II ???

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Question Trust your life to an American Classic II ???

I am a 1911 newbie. Would you trust your life to an American Classic II made by Metro Arms ??? TIA

Posts liked by others
    I don't have to but so far my Firestorm Deluxe (same gun) has not given me the slightest indication that it will not go bang whenever I pull the trigger and continue to go bang every time until the mag is empty. Still early though, only a few hundred through it.
    My shooting has improved, I can now consistently hit the narrow side of a barn.

Posts liked by others
    Absolutley, Mine has 600 or so rounds through it with not even a hint of a malfunction. It also runs just as smooth as my Springfeild Loaded and is close on accuracy. I have read that the slides are forged which makes them an exeptional deal for the money. The fit and finish on mine is also amazing for the money. I would think that I got a rare awsome one, but everyone I have talked to says the same thing as me, Metro Arms knows how to make a good 1911!
    Thanks for your replies,
    Bdb
    Last edited by bdb benzino; 15th September 2009 at 01:18.

Posts liked by others
    300 rounds and not one hiccup. Even with Sierra 185gr JHP handloads.

MikeyB

Posts liked by others
    mine has been flawless in nearly 2 years of regular shooting carry it everyday!!

Rio Vista Slim Guest

The Firestorm DLX (basically the same pistol as the aforementioned American Classic) I tested for the M1911.ORG E-zine was evaluated as a "Best Buy" for several reasons. Reliability was at the top of that list of reasons!

While I only fired about 500 rounds through the gun, it never failed to function with any of the tested ammunition. I would not hesitate to trust the pistol as an everyday carry weapon.

Posts liked by others
    Mine has been totally reliable!

Posts liked by others

Thumbs up

Have any of you noticed any unusual or excessive wear on your American Classic II 1911's ??? Thanks............

Posts liked by others
    Mine has been totally reliable and I'd trust my life to it the same as I would any of my other guns.

Posts liked by others
    i havent noticed any excesive wear on mine i did refinish it in flat black ceracoat but that was a personal choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast