Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kimber Team Match II Member Field Test Report

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    The gun was not made for the Olympics. it's purpose was to be legal in as many matches possible, so the Team could get in as many matches under their belts as possible, before the Olympics. Kimber also donated $100 per gun to USA Shooting.

Posts liked by others
    still says TEAM MATCH USA on it and it reminds me of the olympics, not tryin to dis just pointing out why I bought the GOLD MATCH instead of TEAM. You obviously prefer the TEAM and could say *** mine is not that tight since it has no front strap checkering (im jealous, might ,might, send in to add as well as trigger gaurd but that could get expensive fast.

you didnt like the polished sides on the gold match? thats what truly did it for me, i was actually sold on the team was about to buy in stock and then i saw the gold match in catalog but had to have that one!!! i love it. iknow iknow i dont love my sword for how shiny but i also dont drive my car for the rims either but they sure are nice!!!

Posts liked by others
    How is the barrel? I have one rust pit on one of the lands. It came that way. The gun is a tack driver, so I will just keep it clean, and live with it.

Why do you change your recoil spring every 1,800 rounds?
    Les Baer PII & PII Tac both w/1½"@50yd,Ed Brown Exec Target, SA TGO2,Trophy Match Longslide,TRP,Kimber Gr. Raptor,Classic Royal, Pro CDP, Seecamp .32,Colt Anaconda, Gov't 380, S&W 686, 642, - Dillon XL650 to feed 'em Newest, most laidback 1911 forum on the net: www.1911auto.org

Posts liked by others
    springs get weak. 1500 to 2000 round replacement is a good number. 1911's can be tuned to lighter handloads with a lighter spring. Wolf springs has a selection of different weights. Kimber has the spring weight that comes in each model, on their web page
    'you know Rico, the only difference between the good guys and the bad guys is we are better shots"

Posts liked by others
    primersinmyshoe:

I haven't been able to detect any sort of flaw with the barrel so far.

I choose the 1,800 round recoil change interval based on the owner's manual. I think it suggests changing the spring every 1500 to 1800 rounds. Currently, I use the stock 16lb weight.

My understanding is that maintaining the recoil spring weight reduces wear and tear on the gun and possibly aides proper functioning.
    Custom Caspian 1911 45 ACP Compensated, Kimber 1911 Team Match II 45 ACP, Springfield Stainless Loaded Target 1911 9mm, Cz Czechmate 75 TS 9mm Major.

Posts liked by others
    your experience is like mine with the team match no problems with the dreaded external extractor,unlike my pro carry.the only differences are i shoot all factory and you shoot better than i do.thanks for a nice report.

Posts liked by others
    Just got my Team Match II. Haven't put a round through it yet...Tommorow!!
    I am interested it what after market mags people are using, with good performance.

Thanks to all of you that have purchased the Team Match II. Our US Shooting team appreciates the donations that Kimber has made. Approaching $500,000.

Allen
    Vice Chairman, USA Shooting
    Allen H.
    "Shooting - A Sport For Life"
    USA Shooting-Life Member
    NRA-Patron
    NSSA-Life Member
    NSCA-Life Member

Posts liked by others
    bearboy:

Thanks for reading my report. I appreciate your comments.

Regards...

Allen H:

I'm using the Kimber mag that came with the Team Match plus another two which are unmarked but appear to be Metalform. The factory clip gets a little tight when dirty and the other mags have worked flawlessly.

The mags do need to be kept clean for best performance in my experience. If you get mags that have a sealed base plate let me know and I'll explain how I disassemble them for cleaning.

I've been waiting for the weather to improve so I can continue my work with Team Match so I'm just as anxious as you to get to the range.

Regards...

Recon
    Custom Caspian 1911 45 ACP Compensated, Kimber 1911 Team Match II 45 ACP, Springfield Stainless Loaded Target 1911 9mm, Cz Czechmate 75 TS 9mm Major.

Posts liked by others
    I use mccormick and wilson47d as well as kimbers from other guns.all seem to perform the same.did have some $7.00 gun show mags i tried.filed them somewhere so i won't confuse them with real 1911 magazines

Posts liked by others

Thumbs up Nice Review

I really like mine as well

I had a odd thing occur when it was brand new...

It would just fail to fire. Not the round, firing pin not released.

I would fire like 5 shoots and then pull on the trigger and it would not pull. Like that safety was activated.

I would manually eject shell and it would fire fine for a while and then again would not fire. I checked and the receiver appeared to be in battery.

After about 100 rounds, it has stopped doing this and now fires fine.

Maybe it was the safety and the fact the gun was new and tight that caused this failure to fire. Would not have liked that to occur if I was using it for defence and needed it

Now the more I shoot it the better I get wit it and the more I like it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast