Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Metro Arms American Classic II

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I was at the range this past Sunday and was talking to a guy who've I seen there before. He's does NRA firearms instruction. He mentioned he had a Kimber and I showed him my ACII and offered to let him shoot it.

His comment when done was..."I could own 3 of these for the price of my Kimber...nice gun".

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by reflex
    I've had my AC II for a couple of weeks now a have 100-200 rounds through it. Very accurate with my handloads and a great, great trigger right out of the box.

Got to be the best buy available right now...
    Hey reflex,what size of bullets are you reloading?230 roundnose ?Just wondering what lead to order up.I have not been able to find an AC yet ,hope to find one soon.

Posts liked by others
    Here's one for sale. http://www.shop.countrysidewalk.com/...productId=1280

A buddy of mine ordered a RIA tactical from this place with no issues.

MikeyB

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by DMBAMA
    Hey reflex,what size of bullets are you reloading?230 roundnose ?Just wondering what lead to order up.I have not been able to find an AC yet ,hope to find one soon.

I'm running 200g RNFP with a load of 4.7g of Titegroup at the moment. Kind of a light load, but all 6 of my 1911's like it with no failures to feed or eject. Seems to be extremely accurate as well, with 1" groups the norm at 15 yrds supported. When I fire freehand the group expands somewhat, depending on how much coffee I've had to drink and if I can mentally avoid the old jerked trigger...

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for that great info reflex.And thanks for the link MikeyB, i had been to that website before but they were sold out at that time.Buds gun shop is selling them for $370 but they are not in stock.

Posts liked by others
    Ran 50 rounds though the AC2 today. Ate hardball and two different type of JHP (Sierra 185gr and WW 230gr) without a hick up. This has to be one of the smoothest actions I have come across other than the high dollar custom 1911's. Fit and finish is very very good, heck, I'm going to say it's better than my original series 70 Colt (I'll probably be burned for this).

Now to the negatives, the grips. Have to say it's a cheap plastic wood simulation. We verified by carving on the back with a knife. It's plastic. No problem though, a set of Pachmayr's wraparounds solved that.

Only problem I had is with the 3 dot sights, had a tough time with sight picture recovery during rapid fire at the 15 and 25 yard line. I'm just not a big fan with 3 dots sights. Fixed that real quickly by painting the rear of the front sight with a white base coat and then several coats of Revlon Red Hot Tamale. Oooo Baby, rapid fire is a breeze now. Not to mention it looks good!

For $400, it's a keeper and a bargain (if you can find one).

MikeyB

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyB
    Ran 50 rounds though the AC2 today. Ate hardball and two different type of JHP (Sierra 185gr and WW 230gr) without a hick up. This has to be one of the smoothest actions I have come across other than the high dollar custom 1911's. Fit and finish is very very good, heck, I'm going to say it's better than my original series 70 Colt (I'll probably be burned for this).

Now to the negatives, the grips. Have to say it's a cheap plastic wood simulation. We verified by carving on the back with a knife. It's plastic. No problem though, a set of Pachmayr's wraparounds solved that.

Only problem I had is with the 3 dot sights, had a tough time with sight picture recovery during rapid fire at the 15 and 25 yard line. I'm just not a big fan with 3 dots sights. Fixed that real quickly by painting the rear of the front sight with a white base coat and then several coats of Revlon Red Hot Tamale. Oooo Baby, rapid fire is a breeze now. Not to mention it looks good!

For $400, it's a keeper and a bargain (if you can find one).

MikeyB
    Sweet, Mikey...glad you like the gun. You know I sure like mine. Never shot it at 25 yds though, 'cause as old as I am, I have a hard time seeing that far!

One question though....I didn't know you used "Revlon" products....??

Taurus PT1911 Comp Gun - Taurus PT1911 SS/Blue - Taurus PT1911ALR - Metroarms American Classic II - Kimber Stainless Raptor II
    STI Spartan - CZ P-07 Duty

Posts liked by others
    Yep, I like Revlon nail polish. Goes on easy, dries fast and durable. Works just as good as those high dollar sight paints! Quite trendy I say.....

Also helps in getting the small front GI sight to stand out in addition to having a white dot below the notch on the rear sight.

MikeyB

Posts liked by others
    I'm gonna have to try some of that Revlon...my nails (whoops, I mean sights), are not a what I'd like them to be...

Taurus PT1911 Comp Gun - Taurus PT1911 SS/Blue - Taurus PT1911ALR - Metroarms American Classic II - Kimber Stainless Raptor II
    STI Spartan - CZ P-07 Duty

Posts liked by others

Thumbs up

Try it, you just might like it!

Here's the color....
    https://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/s...Id=1&langId=-1

Adding pics...

MikeyB
    Last edited by MikeyB; 26th April 2009 at 11:42.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast