Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taurus 1911 reliability

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I've decided to pass on it...my "gut" just won't give me the go ahead.

To answer your questions, it's a blued model, and I'd be trading this XD just because I want another 1911 in the worst way (I've got the same gun in the Service model with a 4" barrel and a subcompact with the 3" barrel). I love the XD platform, as a matter of fact I went from all Glocks to all XD's a few weeks ago once I got my first XD just because I liked the feel of it so much better.

This guy trades guns constantly. I don't know if he's an amateur dealer or what, but he's always got some kind of deal going. I've traded stuff with him before that he'd have listed on the local trader board the next day.

I'm just going to sit on this XD and keep it with my others for right now...I figure I at least should shoot it before thinking about trading it I'll wait until tax time or hopefully we'll get profit sharing at work this year and I'll buy me another 1911. I've given up guns I like to get other guns way too many times (but on my budget that's about the only way for me to get anything), and this time I'm going to hold tight.

Thanks for all the help!

Posts liked by others
    I've got a stainless 1911 and other than the the odd limp wrist malfunction , it's been flawless.

Posts liked by others
    I've had my blue PT1911 for about two years. +5000 rounds through her and she just seems to get smoother. Service was not a problem when I had to send back a 24/7 seven, but the 1911 clone I dare say I could use as a duty weapon.
    Fan of the .45 ACP

Posts liked by others
    Interesting , my Wife's 9mm 24/7's been fine as well. it just goes to show ,I'd bet Taurus's have the odd problem just like any other firearm.

Posts liked by others
    I have had my PT1911 for over a year and I have had no problems whatsover. It is accurate and it is one of my many carry weapons. If something does break I have the capability of fixing it myself so I dont worry about the bad customer service. I am very happy with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12