Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The New G4!

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Icon17 The New G4!

Some notes on our new G4 1911 pistols...

We received new production samples just a week ago, in time for an industry exhibition. We are still in a state of shock! The quality of these guns is just incredible. Everyone that saw them at this exhibition (including gun media representatives and our wholesale customers) was very impressed with the quality, and the price for this level of quality. When the samples get back to our facility this week we will immediately start our shooting tests. If they shoot half as good as they look and feel, then we have a winner on our hands. We will be shooting for accuracy, dependabiliy and longevity and will employ a Ransom Rest, bench and free standing shooting.

The engineer who worked at Kimber for 3 years on their C&C machines is now working in this factory in Israel. He, together with Bul, has produced "a better Kimber than Kimber" for much less money.

I don't want to talk down about the Armscor/Philippine 1911s that we sold for the past 10 years. In the beginning they were rough but towards the end of that 10 years they became a very good pistol for the money. Rock Island, High Standard, STI and the old Charles Daly 1911s are/were a decent gun for the money.

However, the new Israeli G4 is on a completely different quality level. The G4 slide is tight with no play, yet feels like it is running on ball bearings when you rack it. The barrel link is is correct, with no play in the hood when pressure is applied. The aluminum shoe G4 trigger is adjustable for travel, and is crisp with no creep at all. I could go on and on, but we need to shoot it first before I go completely gaga. Like I said above, if it shoots as good as it looks and feels, our biggest problem is going to be our ability to make enough of them.

We expect the first delivery in late January but will keep you posted. I will post pictures later this week. Stay tuned...
    Michael Kassnar, President
    K.B.I., Inc.

Posts liked by others
    Michael, You have my interest peaked! I am looking forward to the Pic's and the results of the gun tests.

Best of Luck!
    Rich
    Certified NRA Instructor Pistol & Shotgun
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    "There Is No Greater High Than Defeating Armed Felons" Rich-D

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-D
    Michael, You have my interest peaked!
    Me too....
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    You have my interest peaked
    I think you intended "piqued" rather than "peaked." Homonyms strike again!

Regards,

Walt
    Author, The M1911 Complete Assembly Guide,
    The M1911 Complete Owner's Guide, NEW The 10/22 Complete Owner's and Assembly Guide,
    The M14
    and M1 Garand Complete Assembly Guides
    and The AR-15 Complete Assembly and NEW Owner's Guides

Posts liked by others
    The barrel link is is correct, with no play in the hood when pressure is applied
    Does the barrel cam up, or link up?

The aluminum shoe G4 trigger is adjustable for travel,
    What means are provided to prevent the adjustment from changing on its own?

Thanks!

Regards,

Walt
    PS What price point might we expect? There's always room for another quality M1911.
    The M1911 Complete Owner's Guide, NEW The 10/22 Complete Owner's and Assembly Guide,
    The M14

Posts liked by others
    Good deal!

Don't make it look like a Kimber though!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by auto45
    Good deal!

Don't make it look like a Kimber though!
    I can't tell what it looks like, CZ-USA's web site still has only the 2007 catalog! It's 2009 in what, six weeks or so?

Are there pictures anywhere?

Regards,

Walt
    The M14

Posts liked by others
    Please, God and Jesus, let it have classic, good looks, not Kimber looks.

Not that I could buy one but if I ever get in the situation that I am able to buy a 1911 a classic style Israeli-made 1911 with CD standing behind it would probably top the list.

Posts liked by others
    I haven't seen one yet and I already want one.

Is that wrong?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyJaunte
    I haven't seen one yet and I already want one.

Is that wrong?
    Well! I don't think so!

Rich
    Certified NRA Instructor Pistol & Shotgun
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    "There Is No Greater High Than Defeating Armed Felons" Rich-D

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast