Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Sponsors Panel
Ruger
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, Blue Ridge Firerarms or Field Supply, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: My home made 2-tone 1911. Colt slide , sam frame , barsto barrel...

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?

My home made 2-tone 1911. Colt slide , sam frame , barsto barrel...

Hello to all

I have finished my home made .45 1911, I did everything except finishing, sight cut milling and fs checkering.

The pistol consist of:
    -Colt 779 slide.
    -Sam frame.
    -Barsto barrel.
    -BCG trigger group.
    -STI safeties.
    -Wilson top end parts.
    -VZ grips.
    -Orig.Vediki trigger.
    -EGW magwell.
    -Fusion night sight set.

Here are the pics.

Thumbs up

Hi, Real nice work.I'm sure you will enjoy shooting it almost as much as building it. Ralph
    "it all counts on twenty"

Icon17

OH how sweet it is, and you brought it to life. Standing by for a range report. Good luck with her.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    Thomas Jefferson

Beautiful. Great job. You're sure going to enjoy it.

Please pardon my ignorance but what's a Sam frame? Who's the manufacturer and is it cast or forged? I've been looking at frames for when I get ready to try building my first one but I haven't settled on a particular frame or slide.

Great job Marc , you must be very proud of what you've accomplished .
    Focus on the positive while dealing positively with the negative.
    Hawkmoon - 19th August 2008

Thank you all,

Yes I'm very proud of it.

Toolman, The Sam frame is an inexpensive frame made in the philippines, I had it for quite a while , Though I plan to use a more expensive frame for the 779 slide and use the sam frame on a cheaper 1911 project, When I started fiting the beavertail and filing the trigger undercut on the frame, I was surprised on how hard the frame was, the hole are on spec. and parallel, So I decided to use it with confidence. I read that sam frame are made from 4140 carbon steel. The problems with it were, The VIS needed a little shaving and there are some roughness on the inside that I have to smoothen.