Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trijicon night sights for ria/armscor compact

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

trijicon night sights for ria/armscor compact

Hi there,

I have an armscor compact that i carry. I would like to put in night sights by trijicon and would like to ask what should i order.

a part number will be great. I asked dawson and they said that they too dont know what the cut on a ria or armscor compact is and thus cant give suggestions.

They asked me if the pistol has the standard "novak" cut. If so they know what to send me.

Any help on those with experience will be much appreciated,

What part will drop in a ria compact dovetail for the front sight and the novak rear sight

thanks

Forget the +P loads, IMO. Not necessary in a 3.5 inch barrel. The .45acp is powerful enough as it is, you only need +P's if you want to kill the bad guys AND set 'em on fire at the same time.

-from a m1911 member

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub
    a part number will be great. I asked dawson and they said that they too dont know what the cut on a ria or armscor compact is and thus cant give suggestions.

They asked me if the pistol has the standard "novak" cut. If so they know what to send me.
    Yes, it does have a Novak cut.

I want to say it's Trijicon Part # SA36 But I could be wrong on that.
    Last edited by dogmush; 3rd November 2008 at 10:56.

Posts liked by others
    high dogmush,

i was informed by some buddies here that it is novak cut but the cut is not standard.

Like para ord bomar cuts that wont fit an original bomar.

did you try it on your armscor?
    Forget the +P loads, IMO. Not necessary in a 3.5 inch barrel. The .45acp is powerful enough as it is, you only need +P's if you want to kill the bad guys AND set 'em on fire at the same time.

-from a m1911 member

Posts liked by others
    I actually haven't tried it, But the factory rep here has said it is a standard cut. The newer ones are coming with Novack branded sight from the factory. Check the Brushed nickel pictures.

Posts liked by others
    thanks a lot

-from a m1911 member

Posts liked by others
    Maybe this is a stretch from your original post, but I thought I might throw in my opinion. I have never been impressed with fiber optic sights... UNTIL I looked at a set of Tru-Glow sights at a shop. They were well constructed, VERY bright even in a dimly lit shop, and had the tritium inserts for those really dark scenarios. I certainly don't mean to say that Trijicon is a bad product. I was just truly impressed by the Tru-Glows!

Posts liked by others
    thanks ill take a look at true glows too have a website handy?

-from a m1911 member

Posts liked by others
    Here is the link

The Tritium/Fiber Optic version is the one I'm referring to.

Posts liked by others
    thanks i hope they have for novak cut too

-from a m1911 member

Posts liked by others
    If they don't have Novak cut sights yet, it shouldn't be long. I've heard rumors. Besides that, Novak cuts are way too popular to overlook from a marketing perspective

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast