Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: AOC 1911 Questions

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

AOC 1911 Questions

I bought a pistol recently and am having a problem researching it's origin. I was told it was built around 1953 however I am unable to verify that in the BB of Gun Values. Here are the facts:

Colt slide marked, GOVERNMENT MODEL COLT AUTOMATIC CALIBER 45 and the Pony, on the left side.
    COLTS MFG CO HARTFORD CT. U.S.A. on the right side.

The receiver marked, AUTO-ORDNANCE CORP. WEST HURLEY, N.Y. AOC 7252

The grips are checkered plastic and the number inside does not match the serial number on the receiver.

What can anyone tell me about this pistol. Did it come from the factory with a Colt slide? Could it have been used by the military? Is the year of mfg. around 1953?

By the way at 25meter rapid fire it shoots very accurately. The ramp has been polished and it has been peened so the slide is very tight. The trigger has no slack and the barrel is bright. It appears old and well cared for.
    When you wrestle with pigs you both get dirty, but the pig likes it.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Mix-master! As you say, you have a pistol made from a Colt slide, an Auto Ordnance frame, and God only knows where the rest of the parts come from.

Sorry!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    How does it shoot?

Posts liked by others

Reply to Redladan

Quote Originally Posted by rekladan
    How does it shoot?
    From 25 yards, rapid fire, I can stay in an eight inch circle. I have not tried to shoot from a rest yet to determine the exact accuracy, but it appears to be very accurate.
    When you wrestle with pigs you both get dirty, but the pig likes it.

Posts liked by others
    Numerich Arms (GunParts Corp), the old Auto Ordnance corp. has been very helpful to me in providing date of manufacture based on serial numbers. Maybe they can help?

Posts liked by others
    If you post a picture maybe someone here can tell you if your Colt slide is commercial or not - it sounds like you have an old accurized 1911 made of mixed parts. Look it over for any gunsmith stamps, both in and out.