Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Accurate Production out of the box 1911

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Most Accurate Production out of the box 1911

At 25 & 50 yards have (zero interest in 50 feet ) I have mega accurate pistols but they should be for what I paid for them MC WC NH LB EB .

Between ...Para…Kimber …. Sig…..DW…. STI... Or ???? Take the human factor out of it. Putting it in a RR at 25 & 50 yards what production 1911 would you think would come out on top.I know the Sig Super Match & the Kimber Super Match both come with test targets of 1" 5 shot groups at 25 yards. 6" STI's are suppose to be good at 25 & 50 yards.

2nd Question different pistol
    What is the best production 5” Barrel 1911 for carry out of the box in terms of reliable and accurate.

Posts liked by others
    Out of those listed, I would say the DW. Once again, I would say the DW from the above list. If you wanted to get into a higher price range, my answer would change.

ranburr

Posts liked by others
    I would vote for the Colt Special Combat Government and I feel weird saying this but Kimber a close second.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    I feel weird saying this but Kimber a close second.
    That's progress , or is it ?
    Focus on the positive while dealing positively with the negative.
    Hawkmoon - 19th August 2008

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTree
    That's progress , or is it ?
    He never said they weren't accurate, he just thinks they're unreliable, IIRC.

My 4 best out of the box pistols are a Sig 220 (I know, it's not a 1911), Colt Gunsite, Special Combat Government and my WW1 Repro. Of course, what can I say, the only 1911 that I have that isn't a Colt is a S&W Gunsite.

But at a longer distance, I'd have to say my SCG is the best. I only shoot up to 50 feet with my handguns.
    'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~Thomas Jefferson
    "We are the sheep dogs that protect the sheep and the sheep are afraid of the tools we use to fend off the wolves"..... Dave
    NRA Life Member
    Last edited by daveohno; 31st July 2008 at 18:29.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by daveohno
    He never said they weren't accurate, he just thinks they're unreliable, IIRC.
    I was only saying that his feeling weird about saying it was progress Dave. Maybe I said to much or I'm saying to much about Hunter's saying he felt weird in the first place . Their accuracy or reliability was never in doubt by me only why he felt weird in saying it .

Posts liked by others
    This should be interesting.Did I miss something? was there a price range mentioned?The first section noted high end ,2nd was production models.

Posts liked by others
    I've owned several Kimber Classic Customs and they were all very accurate out of the box. I was able to shoot a sub 2" group off of a sandbag at 50 yards with one of them (the one I kept).

Posts liked by others
    Of the few Kimbers I have shot not all were 100% reliable (I was told then about the break in period) but all were very accurate pistols.
    Both Pro Covert IIs I shot in the review I wrote were right on out of the box, Even a few friends shot them and thought the same thing.
    I believe if Kimber could weed out a few of the QC problems that have from time to time their pistol would be tough to beat.
    The reason I felt weird saying that is I am not really a Kimber fan but I am not going to lie just because of personal feelings.
    Last edited by Hunter; 31st July 2008 at 23:29.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    The reason I felt weird saying that is I am not really a Kimber fan but I am not going to lie just because of personal feelings.
    And I was just teasing you Hunter . I apologize , I shouldn't of of done it .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast