Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCW - Compact CDP or Ultra CDP?????? Need Feedback!

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

CCW - Compact CDP or Ultra CDP?????? Need Feedback!

I love my full size Gold Combat & carry it in my car etc. I carry my Walther PPK/S when a full size 1911 is not appropriate. If a gun is small & easy to carry you are more likely to have it when needed! Does anyone have info on the ease of carry for both models. Sometimes the extra inch on the barrel is no big deal. I am very undecided. Thanks for any help you can give me!
    Last edited by Frampy; 24th May 2005 at 22:44.

Posts liked by others

Compact Or Ultra?

Sir,
    I Have Carried For Over 40yrs. I Have 5 Kimbers.
    My Two Favorites Are The Cdp Compact And The Cdp Ultra.
    Both Have The Officers Grip. Your Gold Match Has The Standard
    Long Grip. The Ultra And The Compact Feel About The Same. They Conceal Very Well. The Grip On My Pro-tactical Is The Full Size
    Grip And It Tends To Stick Out A Little With My In The Pants Holster. The Barrel On The Ultra And Compact Carry About The Same. Its The Grip That Is Intrusive. If I Was Buying One Gun I
    Would Go With The Cdp Compact. I Carry It Most Of The Time.
    Both Are Totaly Reliable. Good Luck.

Bob

Posts liked by others
    I have both the Ultra CDP 3" and the Compact CDP 4". Crimefighter pretty much covered the bases. The 24 oz. frame is considerably lighter than it's steel equivalent and the Officer's frame doesn't protrude like a full-size frame. They're both incredibly accurate great little guns. My groups are tighter with the Compact because of the extra 1" on the barrel. I don't have any of the failure issues so many post about. Both have felt recoil so you can't limp wrist the weapon. Whichever you decide, dump the original cocobolo grips and get something in black. I use Carbon Creations and they make the weapons really look nice. Since these models come with all the bells & whistles, you shouldn't need to replace or modify anything else but the occasional recoil spring assembly.

Regards

Posts liked by others
    I have a Ultra CDP and a Pro CDP. The ultra conceals a little bit easier...the Compact CDP is propably a better all around gun.

Posts liked by others
    I'd go with the Compact. Worn IWB there's really no downside to the extra inch of barrel length, but there are a couple of plusses.

Posts liked by others
    My Ultra CDP is just that. It is the most accurate 1911 I have ever owned. It is a beautiful gun, but I generally believe pistols should be parkerized so as not to be seen easily.

Posts liked by others
    I have the CDP Compact 4" & a Eclipse ULE 3",both are "officer's frame", compact grip, grip makes them easier to CCW. Both are very accurate, the full size 5" are more fun at the range but a little harder to conseal.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the feedback! I am still pondering my purchase. I want this gun to be easy to carry & conceal! The idea of a smaller gun appeals to me. I just don't want to sacrifice to much accuracy! Some people said they both shoot about the same at 15 yards. For a defensive weapon thats prob the max you would need. Is there any advantage to the 3'' barrel? I can't make up my mind!!!!! I will tell you I have never enjoyed shooting a gun more than my Gold Combat!!!!!

Posts liked by others
    Frampy: I have the full size CDP Custom, and it has never failed to feed, fire or eject. Just what I want in a defense weapon. I agree with Brass Balls, that extra inch of barrel has a lot of pluses atached to it. Dean
    Old and wiley beats young and exuberant everytime.

Posts liked by others
    You have had plenty of great comments about which gun to get, so I don't need to add my two cents, but I would like to add, you are going to cry like a baby when your Gold Combat or a CDP is stollen from your car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast