Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimber Custom Shop Service

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Kimber Custom Shop Service

This is the second time I've used the Custom Shop in the last 60 days for service. The first was to replace night sights on a Classic Custom. They turned that around the same week.....

I sent this gun in a week later. As you can tell from the "before" pictures this was a tired old shooter that I've had and carried for years. I wanted the front strap checkered and night sights put on to match all my other Kimbers and a general refinish.

They promised 5-6 weeks but turned it around in 3. Also checkered under the trigger guard, a spring tune up and some other misc things.

It's hard to believe this is the same gun. I've go zero complaints with Dennis and the Custom Shop....

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Posts liked by others
    Is that the KimPro finish? The gun looks amazing. I've got a Gold Match with quite a bit of holster wear, and was planning on doing the exact same thing to it - front strap checkering and refinish.

Can I ask what you paid in total? I called Kimber last week and I was quoted around $240 (if I remember right) to refinish the frame and slide in KimPro. However, I forgot to ask if that included the controls and prep work.

Posts liked by others
    Kimber Customer Service is top notch in my book also.

Posts liked by others

Icon16

Very Nice! That's a fine looking blaster you got there

Some front strap and trigger guard checkering, an arched MSH/Magwell, new grips and a re-finish...did Kimber do anything else?
    Russ from CT

Posts liked by others
    Appreciate the comments ! This is one of my favorite 1911s and one of my favorite Kimbers in particular.

JPA, that's actually NOT KimPro. It's just their regular matte black finish ! The pictures don't do it justice though. It looks much better in person...

Total work done was ...

Checker Front Strap @ 30 LPI
    Checker under trigger guard
    Refinish slide
    Refinish frame
    Install new Meprolight night sights
    Replace ALL springs and inspect/replace misc parts as necessary
    Adjust/tune up gun as necessary

I just came back from the range and it's SWEET

Not counting overnight return shipping it was a little under 400 for all the work including the new night sights.

I was just going to send it in for a refinish and tune up but it made sense to get the front strap checkered as well as the trigger guard since Kimber charges a reasonable price for the checkering and they do an excellent job of it.

Dennis is great to deal with and I think he enjoyed breathing new life into this old shooter. He said it looked pretty cool when they got done with it...

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaJoe
    Appreciate the comments ! This is one of my favorite 1911s and one of my favorite Kimbers in particular.

JPA, that's actually NOT KimPro. It's just their regular matte black finish ! The pictures don't do it justice though. It looks much better in person...

Total work done was ...

Checker Front Strap @ 30 LPI
    Checker under trigger guard
    Refinish slide
    Refinish frame
    Install new Meprolight night sights
    Replace ALL springs and inspect/replace misc parts as necessary
    Adjust/tune up gun as necessary

I just came back from the range and it's SWEET

Not counting overnight return shipping it was a little under 400 for all the work including the new night sights.

I was just going to send it in for a refinish and tune up but it made sense to get the front strap checkered as well as the trigger guard since Kimber charges a reasonable price for the checkering and they do an excellent job of it.

Dennis is great to deal with and I think he enjoyed breathing new life into this old shooter. He said it looked pretty cool when they got done with it...
    I'm so used to seeing blued guns with polished sides. The all matte blueing looks great. That price is very reasonable too, especially considering the night sights.

Did they refinish the slide stop, grip safety, etc as well?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaJoe

...and I agree with Dennis!
    Russ from CT

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by JPA
    Did they refinish the slide stop, grip safety, etc as well?
    Didn't need to: I had already fit and installed new ones before I sent it off.

Posts liked by others
    I talked to the Custom shop for 20 minutes before I bought my Grand Raptor 2. They explaned all the work and time that went into the GR2. They were great to deal with. I have had nightmare issues with Colt before.
    Kimber Grand Raptor II

Posts liked by others
    What a great lookiing weapon! Congratulations! Outstanding turn about from the before pics.
    Sarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast