Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Gun llama max 1 c/f

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

New Gun llama max 1 c/f

Hi I just received a llama max 1 45 c/f. This is my first 1911 and am not too familiar with them. Anything that you can tell me about the gun and 1911's in general will be greatly appreciated. What does the c/f stand for? The gun appears to be on the older side possibly. Thanks.

Mike
    Last edited by PORCH; 10th February 2008 at 17:08.

Posts liked by others
    Those Max-1s are fairly recent, say 1999-2005 approximately.
    they are good, durable guns. Several reports of thousands of rounds fired with no problems. I have one, but it is unfired. Saw one at a gun show saturday for $260, should have bought it.
    People will tell you it isn't a true 1911. The only parts not interchangeable with a Colt are the grips, extractor and the plunger tube. Check the sticky above for a more comprehensive list. But even Kimber uses the same type of non-Colt extractor.
    As for 1911s in general, there's plenty of info on these. That's like asking "tell me everything there is to know about a Chevy small-block V8". Google is your friend.

Posts liked by others
    hello, new here, have a Llama 45. serial number is B87854.who or where can i find more information dealing with this handgun? what i want is the model , and anything about a laser sight that i can install. Extra mags, holster,belt or shoulder. I use this as a CCW . who in this area can do good quality trigger work?
    Last edited by gander66; 11th February 2008 at 11:34.

Posts liked by others
    Congrats on your Llama, it is a great gun, depending on how used.
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

— James Earl Jones, Actor

Xd 9mm
    Glock 22
    Hi Point c9
    Magtech 151
    Llama IX-A

Posts liked by others

what it is

Gander, we can't tell much from the serial number. It's not like the VIN on an automobile. If possible, post a picture.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Constantine-1911
    Congrats on your Llama, it is a great gun, depending on how used.
    Thanks, what do you mean depending on how used?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by PORCH
    Thanks, what do you mean depending on how used?

In other words, taken care of.
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

— James Earl Jones, Actor

Xd 9mm
    Glock 22
    Hi Point c9
    Magtech 151
    Llama IX-A

Posts liked by others
    gun-magazines-clips.com has 10 round and 8 round mags for your pistol.I think they run about 20 dollars.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Guys for your input. My next question is can you put different sized mags in the gun?

Posts liked by others
    yes. different mags fit in mine.
    I have two colt 7 rounds, and an unknown 8 round. My buddy uses kimber mags in his minimax.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast