Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Hows it going. So i just purchased my first norinco 1911 for 360.00 today. what i was wondering is if theres a site where one could find all upgradable parts and what parts work for this model. I was cruising the net and read most Colt parts work fine, is this true?? Thanks, Aaron

Posts liked by others

Thumbs up Welcome to the Forum!

Check out Brownells, their link is in a banner ad at the top of this page. Most add on parts should be compatable. However some parts such as the grip safety do require a bit of fitting work.

Rich
    Certified NRA Instructor Pistol & Shotgun
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    "There Is No Greater High Than Defeating Armed Felons" Rich-D

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the tip, will just anything work for the 1911's or do they have to have parts that are meant for that gun. This is my first 1911 and bought it becasue the guy gave me a deal, i don't realy know much about them though, not yet. I just use the S&M m&p at the range, love that gun. I wanna hop this Norinco up though, mainly new grips and maybe trigger in a bit.

Posts liked by others
    I have two Norincos right now( fullsize and Compact) and have had 5 others in the past. None of them had ramp overhanging frame problems.
    They only problems I have had was barrel fit and only on 2 of them.Those 2 would beat up the barrel lugs.
    I did have one with extractor problems but it was used and someone had put a twist in the extractor.

Norinco parts are good to go and even trigger pulls can be corrected with the original parts. The only change I have made to mine is the grips on the fullsize one. I didn't like the slippery plastic. The Compact came with rubber grips and are still on it.

Posts liked by others
    Aaron, go to Marstar.CA. They are retailers for Norinco in eastern Canada (ON maybe?). They also sell parts, unfortunately, not to us in the USA.

Posts liked by others
    dont worry it will take long to change any of your parts on your new norc. Norinco has a good metal. Go out and shoot at the range..be safe.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Norincos are 100% 1911 clones, so any part listed for a Colt pistol (well, almost any part) will fit your Nork. Just keep in mind that there are not too many drop-in parts for the 1911. Most of them (if not all) can or will require some fitting, either minor or major.

Congrats on your Norinco.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Cool guys, thanks for all the tips and that site is a gooder.

Posts liked by others
    as long as the parts say 1911. it'll fit the norc. ... maybe with minor fitting

Posts liked by others
    My smith says that the only common problem on Norks is the barrel fit. Have someone who knows what they are doing put blue on the lugs and check for engagement.

My guy had rather use Nork factory ignition parts for custom trigger jobs than the colt factory parts. He says they are not terribly well finished but are tough and lend themselves to honing and stoning for a great trigger job.

Other than checking the barrel fit, there is really nothing that needs to be done to a new Nork 1911A1. Most are more accurate that the nut holding them. Finish leaves something to be desire but that does not make a good/bad shooter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast